Cerobi Steppe Chests - No More Endless Farming Needed

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age
  3. Cerobi Steppe Chests - No More Endless Farming Needed

User Info: Kaito2000

Kaito2000
4 months ago#11
I was going to make a topic yesterday titled "Where the heck is ff12grandmaster?". Nice to know you are still around.

User Info: AlekTrev006

AlekTrev006
4 months ago#12
I suggest nominating Grandmaster to fill the empty seat in Giruvegan, from Venat's absence.......with his efforts here, he's certainly earned the title of GOD OF IVALICE :-)

User Info: Incertarum

Incertarum
4 months ago#13
Kaito2000 posted...
I was going to make a topic yesterday titled "Where the heck is ff12grandmaster?". Nice to know you are still around.

I've been around a lot over the years, just on different boards as I played other games. I've used the "Incertarum" ID for quite a while: it's a Latin word meaning Undetermined or Undiscovered. In other words, "Who the f*** is this guy?" :))
Cerobi Steppe Chests - RNG Manipulation Guide for Dummies
http://www.fftogether.com/guides/30c226cef86df1fd5989597494c35832.txt

User Info: Shinagawakun

Shinagawakun
4 months ago#14
Incertarum posted...
Shinagawakun posted...
I can't find the guide.

The link is in my Sig at the end of my post. It's not on GameFAQs yet, it's in the review queue waiting to be processed. Hopefully it won't take long and they'll accept it.

Got it. I'll be sure to read it and use it in my next playthrough.

Incertarum
4 months ago#15
AlekTrev006 posted...
I suggest nominating Grandmaster to fill the empty seat in Giruvegan, from Venat's absence.......with his efforts here, he's certainly earned the title of GOD OF IVALICE :-)

Over the years I've sunk a lot of time into this game....over 10,000 hours....and I've done my best to help others even if I am a grumpy git sometimes. But I'm getting old....being grumpy is allowed at my age :p

User Info: ghost5141

ghost5141
4 months ago#16
Hi TC,

Many thanks for the guide! I am definitely going to try it but i need some clarification. My apologies if i still dont understand your guide.

Lets take below for eg:

Cure Values : 92 88 94
Spawns Chests : 4 5 6 9 10 12
Chests Contain: Ninja Gear, Perseus Bow, Ashura, Multiscale, Hornito, Gold Hairpin respectively
Instructions :Hit Self x25, Cast Cure x5, Open Chest for Item 1.
Hit Self x2, Cast Cure x1, Open Chest for Item 2.

Cure Values: I understand this, it's basically Rek's cure value on seperate file.
Spawn Chest: I dont understand this. Looking at the map, that area has 15 chests. Are you saying EITHER of these chests #4 #5 #6 #9 #10 #12 will yield Ninja Gear, Perseus Bow, Ashura, Multiscale, Hornito, Gold Hairpin? But since your 'instruction' can only get Item 1 and 2, i can only get Ninja Gear and Perseus Bow from this?
Intructions: Could you elaborate more on this? Are you saying hit myself, bare hand or with weapons or etc? Additionally, when you say Hit Self x25, Cast Cure x5, Open Chest for Item 1., whats this 'item 1'? do you mean Ninja Gear? So if i want Perseus Bow, i do Hit Self x2, Cast Cure x1?

Once again, apologies i dont understand your guide. Actually, do you have yourtube demo by any chance?

User Info: Gypsy-Rose

Gypsy-Rose
4 months ago#17
Hi there TC, and thanks a bunch for this! I had pretty much given up on Cerobi Steppe chests after 2 days of trying and getting Grand Bolts and White Robes in that time. I'm definitely going to try this later today, but I have a couple of questions.

1. What does Niho + PD mean?

2. When you say "for item 1" or "for item 2", do you mean the first and second items of my choice? Or something else?

3. Not sure if this is an error or not, but you have instructions missing in the Fiddick River section. The fourth one down.

Again, thanks so much for this. So glad you're sharing your hard work. :)
FC #1: 5129-1024-6996 (W) - FC #2: 5343-8430-0973 (R)

Incertarum
4 months ago#18
ghost5141 posted...
Hi TC,

Many thanks for the guide! I am definitely going to try it but i need some clarification. My apologies if i still dont understand your guide.

Lets take below for eg:

Cure Values : 92 88 94
Spawns Chests : 4 5 6 9 10 12
Chests Contain: Ninja Gear, Perseus Bow, Ashura, Multiscale, Hornito, Gold Hairpin respectively
Instructions :Hit Self x25, Cast Cure x5, Open Chest for Item 1.
Hit Self x2, Cast Cure x1, Open Chest for Item 2.

Cure Values: I understand this, it's basically Rek's cure value on seperate file.

That's correct. Cast cure with Reks until you get those 3 values consecutively and you will be perfect on the RNG. Quit to title and load your autosave file from the game (Options, Square)

Spawn Chest: I dont understand this. Looking at the map, that area has 15 chests. Are you saying EITHER of these chests #4 #5 #6 #9 #10 #12 will yield Ninja Gear, Perseus Bow, Ashura, Multiscale, Hornito, Gold Hairpin? But since your 'instruction' can only get Item 1 and 2, i can only get Ninja Gear and Perseus Bow from this?

WHat it means is that when you load your save file in that area after having reached the cure values from Reks, the chests numbered 4 5 6 9 and 10 will have spawned. Those chests contain Ninja Gear, Perseus Bow, Ashura, Multiscale, Hornito, Gold Hairpin as you read them. So if you wanted say the Perseus Bow you'd go for chest number 5. After getting it, if you wanted the Hornito you would go for chest number 9.

Intructions: Could you elaborate more on this? Are you saying hit myself, bare hand or with weapons or etc? Additionally, when you say Hit Self x25, Cast Cure x5, Open Chest for Item 1., whats this 'item 1'? do you mean Ninja Gear? So if i want Perseus Bow, i do Hit Self x2, Cast Cure x1?

Yes. Character unarmed hits himself. Use a shield if you do damage or if you have the brawler augment. Also use a cameo belt as accessory to avoid blocks.

You go to the chest you want and hit yourself 25 times. Then you cast cure 5 times. Then you open the chest for the first item you're trying to get...in this example the Perseus Bow (Item 1).

Now go to your second choice of chest, hit yourself twice, cast cure once and open that chest and you'll get your second item, the Hornito (Item 2) - Don't forget the diamond armlet before opening chest or switch in a character already wearing it.

Once again, apologies i dont understand your guide. Actually, do you have yourtube demo by any chance?

Probably a good idea for me to do one to help out. I guess I'm a little vague in the guide but that's because so many have seen my stuff from the past that I sort of expect them to get it right away. I suppose that's a little presumptuous of me and I should also cater to those who've never seen this stuff before.

I hope it's a little clearer now and I'll get to work on a demo video. :))

Incertarum
4 months ago#19
Gypsy-Rose posted...
Hi there TC, and thanks a bunch for this! I had pretty much given up on Cerobi Steppe chests after 2 days of trying and getting Grand Bolts and White Robes in that time. I'm definitely going to try this later today, but I have a couple of questions.

Nihopalaoa + Phoenix Down. Instakill for enemies and doesn't affect the RNG

2. When you say "for item 1" or "for item 2", do you mean the first and second items of my choice? Or something else?

Yes, the 2 items of your choice

3. Not sure if this is an error or not, but you have instructions missing in the Fiddick River section. The fourth one down.

You are correct, it is an error. I will fix it now and hopefully the webmaster is awake and will do it immediately. If you want those instructions for that chest they are Hit Self x23, Cast Cure x4 and then open chest. There is no 2nd item available as you'd only get gil from any of the chests left as the gil % is too high.

User Info: Gypsy-Rose

Gypsy-Rose
4 months ago#20
Incertarum posted...
Gypsy-Rose posted...

Nihopalaoa + Phoenix Down. Instakill for enemies and doesn't affect the RNG

Yes, the 2 items of your choice

You are correct, it is an error. I will fix it now and hopefully the webmaster is awake and will do it immediately. If you want those instructions for that chest they are Hit Self x23, Cast Cure x4 and then open chest. There is no 2nd item available as you'd only get gil from any of the chests left as the gil % is too high.

Thanks for the clarifications! I'm definitely trying this later!
FC #1: 5129-1024-6996 (W) - FC #2: 5343-8430-0973 (R)
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age
  3. Cerobi Steppe Chests - No More Endless Farming Needed

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived