Which Final Fantasy had the WORST cast?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age
  3. Which Final Fantasy had the WORST cast?

User Info: Montblanc

Montblanc
4 months ago#1
Which Final Fantasy game had the WORST cast of characters in your opinion? - Results (438 votes)
IV
1.83% (8 votes)
V
7.99% (35 votes)
VI
3.65% (16 votes)
VII
1.83% (8 votes)
VIII
8.9% (39 votes)
IX
4.34% (19 votes)
X
6.39% (28 votes)
XII
8.22% (36 votes)
XIII
33.79% (148 votes)
XV
23.06% (101 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Final Fantasy games have given us a large amount of playable characters over the years. Some of them are fantastic and are almost universally liked, and some of them are... well, not so good. These ten games all include at least one/a few good or likeable characters, but overall, which Final Fantasy game had the most annoying, least likeable and/or downright terrible cast? Post your arguments below as well (if you want to, of course).

(NES games and MMOs do not count for obvious reasons and the poll does not allow more than 10 options anyway.)
Favorite FF Games: XII > VI = IX >>> IV > X = Tactics Advance = II > X-2 = V = I

User Info: Terantatek

Terantatek
4 months ago#2
Oh god. 5. The fifth one.

Forgetful and boring. Only FF I disliked playing. Final dungeon was nice, aswell as the job system. But perfect example of bad characters make an uninteresting game.

FF13 I atleast enjoyed for awhile. Up until late endgame when I realized the endgame consisted of fighting brontosaurus's till the end of time to hit max everything. So I just beat the game and shelved it.

Both equally terrible cast of characters but the lack of depth makes 5 harder to ingest. This isn't including Gilgamesh or Exdeath.
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Hj9yPs
i7 7700k @ 4.6ghz | MSI GTX Gaming X 1070 | Ripjaws 16GB 3000mhz | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus Prime Z270-A

User Info: DysonSlinky

DysonSlinky
4 months ago#3
VI. I played it like 3 times, and I only remember like 5 of the 16 people.

XIII's cast had a lot of spunk, even if Vanille and Hope are generally hated by people.

I haven't played XV enough to judge its characters, likewise with V, so VI is my answer for now.
PSN: DysonSlinky (will not accept blank friend requests)
Currently Playing: FFXII: The Zodiac Age || Game Backlog: Final Fantasy XV, Horizon Zero Dawn

User Info: Montblanc

Montblanc
4 months ago#4
Terantatek posted...
Oh god. 5. The fifth one.

Forgetful and boring. Only FF I disliked playing. Final dungeon was nice, aswell as the job system. But perfect example of bad characters make an uninteresting game.

FF13 I atleast enjoyed for awhile. Up until late endgame when I realized the endgame consisted of fighting brontosaurus's till the end of time to hit max everything. So I just beat the game and shelved it.

Both equally terrible cast of characters but the lack of depth makes 5 harder to ingest.

I was literally about to say that I myself voted for V. I actually loved the game and while I didn't mind the cast, I just didn't like any of them either. I tried, Faris and Lenna were cool for a while but... I don't know. Yes, I know the game was supposed to be a parody in a way yet... They all felt very bland and uninspired. XIII, on the other hand, at least tried.
Favorite FF Games: XII > VI = IX >>> IV > X = Tactics Advance = II > X-2 = V = I

User Info: snuskgubbe

snuskgubbe
4 months ago#5
http://i.imgur.com/RiWE5TW.jpg

User Info: Katie95s

Katie95s
4 months ago#6
I'm sorry to say but X had the worst cast, I really liked the gameplay and music but the characters grated..

User Info: Wynvkius

Wynvkius
4 months ago#7
I honestly don't remember the names of half the characters from VIII.
3DS FC: 3909-8685-3600

User Info: DemoPhobic

DemoPhobic
4 months ago#8
snuskgubbe posted...
http://i.imgur.com/RiWE5TW.jpg

lol. Spot on. =/

User Info: Katanab

Katanab
4 months ago#9
13 of course, the most piece of crap game ever made
VII>VIII>IX>VP>PE>LOL>BOF3>SMRPG>BOF4>TOV>TOD>FFT>
Worst game ever ---> FF XIII

User Info: Squall10

Squall10
4 months ago#10
Wynvkius posted...
I honestly don't remember the names of half the characters from VIII.

8 is the greatest Final Fantasy.

Squall Selphie Rinoa Quistis. Zell Seifer
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age
  3. Which Final Fantasy had the WORST cast?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived