Translation Differences?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Robot Taisen V
  3. Translation Differences?

User Info: Ashsaber00

Ashsaber00
10 months ago#1
I realize they are two very different titles, but I can't help to compare this translation to SRW MD. Some key differences I'm noticing:

Actual story and scripts are much more fluent and natural

The amazingly comprehensive "help on anything" option via the touchpad from MD is highly toned down if not missing altogether for many things. I wish MD's deep help-on-anything option existed here for understanding of skill program/skill tree as well as Tac points as they are new and not really explained very well (at least where I'm at so far)

Almost every spirit command, special ability and skill, have completely different names and explanations

Robot and pilot stats are named differently (morale = focus, score = kills, etc)

Cannot use R3 to highlight tiles on the map

Has anyone else noticed any major differences? I'm curious why they would have so many differences between versions as SRW games have historically been mostly consistent with naming conventions. I'm guessing maybe the translation teams may have been different from MD?

User Info: Shaded_Phoenix

Shaded_Phoenix
10 months ago#2
Yeah, I'm under the impression they changed from an outsourced team for Moon Dwellers, to an internal team for V. I've still got photos of the translation team for MD, but it's going to be ages until I get around to V.
Operation Latex Turtle is a go.

User Info: greeeed

greeeed
10 months ago#3
Same as sword art online

First game have low quality translation
(They are just testing the water with it)

Second game have a lot better translation quality.

After all, who will waste his money to make a game thar no one will buy? ( GBA game have low sales numbers, yes, it was atlus fault)
http://howdrawmanga.com

User Info: Dragen

Dragen
10 months ago#4
And between the two SRW English releases we also had the SD Gundam G Generation Genesis English release, so I'd be curious if this game was worked on by those same people. Like SDGGG and unlike SRW OG MD, this English release was also same day too, so that's already a great improvement.
(\/) Read Gold Digger every month
( 'o')

User Info: KaelAltreul

KaelAltreul
10 months ago#5
Dragen posted...
And between the two SRW English releases we also had the SD Gundam G Generation Genesis English release, so I'd be curious if this game was worked on by those same people. Like SDGGG and unlike SRW OG MD, this English release was also same day too, so that's already a great improvement.

Between being a better translation AND being same day I am rather happy. I remember some people being pretty concerned that this and SDGGG being day 1 and that meant the translation would be a shoddy rush.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Robot Taisen V
  3. Translation Differences?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived