Why Captain Cold?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Injustice 2
  3. Why Captain Cold?

User Info: digitalwill2000

digitalwill2000
8 months ago#1
Genuinely interested why this character was chosen for the villain roster. Im only mildly into comics, the only main Flash villain I really know about is Gorilla Grodd. Did Captain Cold have a resurgence in popularity or something? (e.g Whilst Scarecrow has always been considered one of Batmans main rogues, it was his teenie tiny moment in Batman: Arkham Asylum that rapidly reignited his popularity enough to become the main antagonist of the third game and be in this game)
Or is this a random character chosen who has manage to fit remarkably well
Bart-Mangled Banner is the greatest Simpsons episode. It is great for the exact same reason american audiences hate it: because it captures them so accurately.

User Info: YoDadee

YoDadee
8 months ago#2
digitalwill2000 posted...

Even though I don't work for NRS and I'm not Ed Boon, I'm pretty confident that they didn't choose him or any character at random.
All-Time Favorite Games: 1) Zelda:LttP 2) Zelda:OoT 3) GTA:SA 4) Castlevania:SotN 5) Resident Evil 6) Mario 64

User Info: KingTumbleweed

KingTumbleweed
8 months ago#3
He's in the CWverse.
http://i.imgur.com/NSA8rGe.jpg

User Info: ScrappyDingo

ScrappyDingo
8 months ago#4
He's popular with comics readers and he's getting casual exposure with the CW Flash show. Which still makes me wonder why Killer Frost got cut.
http://photobucket.com/SDClaims
Cancer free 38 months and counting!

User Info: XdieX

XdieX
8 months ago#5
He's a pretty big villain in the flash comics and probably from the Flash and Legends of Tomorrow CE shows. That's probably why. Mr. Freeze iconically is much more popular but the game didn't need another Batman Villian imo
PSN: The-Saddest-Day, 3DS FC 5343-9390-7771, NNID SilverSurfin
Bow down to the face of GOD, https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsXSofQxun6XeOnRTPlq2Gw

User Info: MattVSin

MattVSin
8 months ago#6
Genuinely interested why this character was chosen for the villain roster. Im only mildly into comics, the only main Flash villain I really know about is Gorilla Grodd. Did Captain Cold have a resurgence in popularity or something? (e.g Whilst Scarecrow has always been considered one of Batmans main rogues, it was his teenie tiny moment in Batman: Arkham Asylum that rapidly reignited his popularity enough to become the main antagonist of the third game and be in this game)

No knowledge of all the evil speedsters (eg. Reverse Flash)?
http://card.psnprofiles.com/1/Mattvsin.png
PSN: MattVSin

User Info: digitalwill2000

digitalwill2000
8 months ago#7
MattVSin posted...

No knowledge of all the evil speedsters (eg. Reverse Flash)?

I know 'of' them, not what their deals are.
Bart-Mangled Banner is the greatest Simpsons episode. It is great for the exact same reason american audiences hate it: because it captures them so accurately.

User Info: PJ_Thorn

PJ_Thorn
8 months ago#8
My guess is they wanted a cold/freeze guy and felt the roster was already overloaded with Batman characters, so they went to the next logical backup. Since he's basically the same thing as Mr. Freeze gave them an easy option to have a premier skin, rather than try to shoehorn Killer Frost into other characters.

User Info: Just_a_loser

Just_a_loser
8 months ago#9
I feel like both he and Firestorm made the roster mostly because of Legends of Tomorrow.

Not surprising for rosters to promote ongoing TV shoes and new movies. Marvel is constantly shoving the GotG and Avengers down everyones throats.
Your face looks like I need a beer.

User Info: Lord_Vader

Lord_Vader
8 months ago#10
Captain Cold has been Flash's archenemy for a while now (besides Reverse Flash). It's not surprising really.
Live long and prosper.
  1. Boards
  2. Injustice 2
  3. Why Captain Cold?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived