I love Black Canary but sometimes I feel like she is the worst character...

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Injustice 2
  3. I love Black Canary but sometimes I feel like she is the worst character...

User Info: Corndogburglar

Corndogburglar
6 months ago#11
Black Canary is no different than any other character. She might have less tools to make it easy getting in on ranged characters. But she can do exactly the same thing that any other character can do.

Block, step forward. Block, step forward. Block, step forward.

I fail to see how so many people don't understand how simple it is to move in on someone. A couple of spammers notwithstanding, its easy to get in on anyone. And quite hysterical to watch their game fall apart the second they realize their BS isn't going to work on you. And Canary is not someone a spammer wants inside, thats for sure!

The only characters I can understanding having problems getting in on are Black Adam, Dr. Fate, and Deadshot (Although I've never played against someone that could keep me out with Deadshot, but I'm more than aware he can if someone is spamming hard enough.)

I never used to think Fate was all that strong spamming, but I played one the other day that I couldn't even get close to as Canary. I was kind of blown away by it. With practice maybe I could find some holes, but so few people play Fate that it took me completely by surprise.
Everyone said it was a miracle when Jesus hit that grand slam in the bottom of the 9th. I just thought it was a lucky shot.

User Info: AkimboSlice1

AkimboSlice1
6 months ago#12
What are you talking about? I think black Canary is great. Not top tier but pretty good. She has flip for wake up which I think is one of the better wake ups in the game. The parries are great anti wake ups as well.

The canary cry is super fast and can punish full screen leading to a full high damage combo.

Shes a good Rush down character.
Official Asari Sentinel of the Mass Effect Andromeda Boards

User Info: sajt007

sajt007
6 months ago#13
Legendary_Musas posted...
Canary Cry is a combo extender, not a panic button. Also utilise her air thigh grabs.

The problem with this move is that if you miss or they block it's easy to punish.
the one and only crazysnake
GT: calcalcal PSN: crazysnake007

User Info: WizardPowers

WizardPowers
6 months ago#14
I wish her high parry worked against jump ins.
http://i.imgur.com/FS3aeNW.png

User Info: Rischiyuknao

Rischiyuknao
6 months ago#15
I love using her. I just wish air canary cry was default
PSN: VanilleFang (Shared with 2 brothers.)

User Info: sajt007

sajt007
6 months ago#16
This is what I'm talking about. I played against several people earlier and I had a dead shot who spammed, he won. A supergirl who didn't know combos but had a bunch of strength in her gear, she won. Two banes who were the same. Just 3-4 hit combos that do 30-40%, and now I just played a superman who also didn't know combos but just used his lasers anytime his health was low and he won.

I love playing her but it seems like in this fighting game, no one wants to learn to actually fight. The zoning meta is just too powerful right now.
the one and only crazysnake
GT: calcalcal PSN: crazysnake007

User Info: Kashi_901

Kashi_901
6 months ago#17
sajt007 posted...
This is what I'm talking about. I played against several people earlier and I had a dead shot who spammed, he won. A supergirl who didn't know combos but had a bunch of strength in her gear, she won. Two banes who were the same. Just 3-4 hit combos that do 30-40%, and now I just played a superman who also didn't know combos but just used his lasers anytime his health was low and he won.

I love playing her but it seems like in this fighting game, no one wants to learn to actually fight. The zoning meta is just too powerful right now.

I win quite a bit with her. If the opponent doesn't know how to actually play and they are beating you then it is probably you.

Also, Canary cry level 2 and 3 are both safe on block.
PSN: RushdownXIX

User Info: Zwiebach1

Zwiebach1
6 months ago#18
Off-topic, what's the move where Black Canary grabs you, rolls over your back, then throws you?
Official Duck Dodgers of the Injustice 2 boards.

User Info: GameplayZero

GameplayZero
6 months ago#19
sajt007 posted...

all of that sounds like player error rather than the meta. Especially since your opponents don't sound that great.

User Info: Kashi_901

Kashi_901
6 months ago#20
GameplayZero posted...
sajt007 posted...

all of that sounds like player error rather than the meta. Especially since your opponents don't sound that great.

She is very unsafe on block though unlike a lot of characters. This probably won't be a huge problem until everyone gets really good at the game though.
PSN: RushdownXIX
  1. Boards
  2. Injustice 2
  3. I love Black Canary but sometimes I feel like she is the worst character...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived