I love Black Canary but sometimes I feel like she is the worst character...

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Injustice 2
  3. I love Black Canary but sometimes I feel like she is the worst character...

User Info: GameplayZero

GameplayZero
6 months ago#21
Kashi_901 posted...
GameplayZero posted...
sajt007 posted...
This is what I'm talking about. I played against several people earlier and I had a dead shot who spammed, he won. A supergirl who didn't know combos but had a bunch of strength in her gear, she won. Two banes who were the same. Just 3-4 hit combos that do 30-40%, and now I just played a superman who also didn't know combos but just used his lasers anytime his health was low and he won.

I love playing her but it seems like in this fighting game, no one wants to learn to actually fight. The zoning meta is just too powerful right now.

all of that sounds like player error rather than the meta. Especially since your opponents don't sound that great.

She is very unsafe on block though unlike a lot of characters. This probably won't be a huge problem until everyone gets really good at the game though.

but what you said doesn't have to do with OPs zoning problem. But what you said is the real issue. That's what needs fixing.

User Info: dafreestyleking

dafreestyleking
6 months ago#22
Legendary_Musas posted...
Canary Cry is a combo extender, not a panic button. Also utilise her air thigh grabs.

Really? Seems like everyone that plays her just throws out it randomly.
"To be honest, I don't really like it." - Legendary, pro street fighter player Infiltration talks about street fighter 5.

User Info: Kashi_901

Kashi_901
6 months ago#23
GameplayZero posted...
Kashi_901 posted...
GameplayZero posted...
sajt007 posted...
This is what I'm talking about. I played against several people earlier and I had a dead shot who spammed, he won. A supergirl who didn't know combos but had a bunch of strength in her gear, she won. Two banes who were the same. Just 3-4 hit combos that do 30-40%, and now I just played a superman who also didn't know combos but just used his lasers anytime his health was low and he won.

I love playing her but it seems like in this fighting game, no one wants to learn to actually fight. The zoning meta is just too powerful right now.

all of that sounds like player error rather than the meta. Especially since your opponents don't sound that great.

She is very unsafe on block though unlike a lot of characters. This probably won't be a huge problem until everyone gets really good at the game though.

but what you said doesn't have to do with OPs zoning problem. But what you said is the real issue. That's what needs fixing.

I already commented on the zoning issue. I was actually commenting on her actual problems.
PSN: RushdownXIX

User Info: AkimboSlice1

AkimboSlice1
6 months ago#24
on Stream they said a Black Canary player was 1 match away from Top 8 at Combo Breaker so she's good. I just played a real good one last night too.
Official Asari Sentinel of the Mass Effect Andromeda Boards

User Info: sajt007

sajt007
6 months ago#25
I don't get what I'm supposed to do against superman and deadshot though. How do I get past his flying laser spam or deadshot bullet spam?

Also it's hard to win regardless of skill if you take 10 hits to do 30-40% and your opponent takes 3-4.

I used to win a lot with her but the last 3 days I've been losing more than winning.
the one and only crazysnake
GT: calcalcal PSN: crazysnake007

User Info: GameplayZero

GameplayZero
6 months ago#26
Kashi_901 posted...
GameplayZero posted...
Kashi_901 posted...
GameplayZero posted...
sajt007 posted...

I already commented on the zoning issue. I was actually commenting on her actual problems.

my bad. You are right.

User Info: Kashi_901

Kashi_901
6 months ago#27
sajt007 posted...
I don't get what I'm supposed to do against superman and deadshot though. How do I get past his flying laser spam or deadshot bullet spam?

Also it's hard to win regardless of skill if you take 10 hits to do 30-40% and your opponent takes 3-4.

I used to win a lot with her but the last 3 days I've been losing more than winning.

Are you playing Player Matches with gear on?
PSN: RushdownXIX

User Info: AkimboSlice1

AkimboSlice1
6 months ago#28
sajt007 posted...

Against Superman, You MB roll when he jumps and tries to do the Air Laser. Punish when he lands.

Against Deadshot just gotta stay in his face. close the gap as fast, but also as safe, as possible. Corner him.

Its not easy playing a character without projectiles. It comes with the territory that you gotta work extra hard against zoning match ups.
Official Asari Sentinel of the Mass Effect Andromeda Boards

User Info: KnucklesIX

KnucklesIX
6 months ago#29
AkimboSlice1 posted...
on Stream they said a Black Canary player was 1 match away from Top 8 at Combo Breaker so she's good. I just played a real good one last night too.

I fought that dude online once lol. Compbros,but even he had to switch to Superman in the tournament.
#OhManGotDamn

User Info: sajt007

sajt007
6 months ago#30
I try to play without gear but some insist with it on.

Did I also mention black canary seems to have low priority and no range even up close?
the one and only crazysnake
GT: calcalcal PSN: crazysnake007
  1. Boards
  2. Injustice 2
  3. I love Black Canary but sometimes I feel like she is the worst character...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived