Why are people so upset that the regime acts like the regime?

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Injustice 2
  3. Why are people so upset that the regime acts like the regime?

User Info: LightningAce11

LightningAce11
5 days ago#1
Characters like Superman and Wonder Woman are not the same as they are in the regular universe. They have had different experiences and have ruled Earth for years. It stands to reason they'd be dicks. I understand not liking them, but saying that's not how they should act is just dumb.
"I'm an atheist too but still believe in hell. That's where you're headed pal." - Mr_Karate_II

User Info: InhumaneRaider

InhumaneRaider
5 days ago#2
Well essentially, you answered your own question.

Characters like Superman and Wonder Woman are not the same as they are in the regular universe.

Injustice is an entirely different take on most of the heroes, and originally Superman and Wonder Woman don't act like dicks, they're villains when they're originally heroes.
Sied ihr das Essen? Nein, wir sind die Jager!
XBL/PSN: SONSOFN7 . "My legs ain't scrawny, they're proportional."

User Info: SoFateDemands

SoFateDemands
4 days ago#3
Because while a new Batman game rolls out every six months, games with Clark and Diana are few and far between. When we do get a new opportunity to play those characters, those of us who are fans of them would love it if they acted like the people we read about every month.
LightningAce11 posted...
Characters like Superman and Wonder Woman are not the same as they are in the regular universe. They have had different experiences and have ruled Earth for years. It stands to reason they'd be dicks. I understand not liking them, but saying that's not how they should act is just dumb.

Agreed.
Injustice is its own universe with its own rules. People should just accept this and move forward. You want to play as the originals? Complain to WB for not creating other games. NRS should not take responsibility for WB video game strategies.
Proofs that SFV failed
http://www.capcom.co.jp/ir/english/data/html/result/2017/1st/1.html http://www.capcom.co.jp/ir/english/data/html/result/2016/full/1.html

User Info: Veladus

Veladus
4 days ago#5
SoFateDemands posted...
Because while a new Batman game rolls out every six months, games with Clark and Diana are few and far between. When we do get a new opportunity to play those characters, those of us who are fans of them would love it if they acted like the people we read about every month.

This.

I especially feel for Wonder Woman fans, because as a Supes fan I can at least accept that the mindblowingly horrific tragedies of this universe twisted him into a monster. Anyone would crack under 1% of what he's gone through. But Wonder Woman's gone through nothing. She's just evil for the lulz.

Also (because I'm not an idiot and therefor not into gender politics) I can use Supergirl as a surrogate for Superman. There's no such one for WW because adding Donna would cut down on the useless Batman characters and we can't have THAT.
Captain America is just like Hulk Hogan. Both tout the American flag, both were born in the 1920's, and both got their powers from a needle full of drugs.

User Info: Fatal

Fatal
4 days ago#6
Veladus posted...
SoFateDemands posted...

This.

I especially feel for Wonder Woman fans, because as a Supes fan I can at least accept that the mindblowingly horrific tragedies of this universe twisted him into a monster. Anyone would crack under 1% of what he's gone through. But Wonder Woman's gone through nothing. She's just evil for the lulz.

Also (because I'm not an idiot and therefor not into gender politics) I can use Supergirl as a surrogate for Superman. There's no such one for WW because adding Donna would cut down on the useless Batman characters and we can't have THAT.

Preach!

But I feel they'd but in Cassie before Donna since she was featured in the comic
"Every hero has a story, not that I'm some kind of hero. But there comes a point when to survive, the hunted must become the Huntress." -Huntress

User Info: ord4everX14

ord4everX14
4 days ago#7
There are actually some cool theories about how WonderWoman is actually the true villain of Injustice. While some may understand what Superman is feeling in terms loss and can understand his motives, Wonder Woman ia playing off his vulnerability to get what she wants.

She kills those that are trying to ruin her fantasy of Clark and her being together. She selfishly wants Clark to herself and isn't sorry about whats happened to the world. She is a truly evil b****.
(edited 4 days ago)

User Info: Fatal

Fatal
4 days ago#8
ord4everX14 posted...
There are actually some cool theories about how WonderWoman is actually the true villain of Injustice. While some may understand what Superman is feeling in terms loss and can understand his motives, Wonder Woman ia playing off his vulnerability to get what she wants.

She kills those that are trying to ruin her fantasy of Clark and her being together. She selfishly wants Clark to herself and isn't sorry about whats happened to the world. She is a truly evil b****.

That isn't a theory, that's facts. Wonder Woman, with Sinestro, was the real villain.
"Every hero has a story, not that I'm some kind of hero. But there comes a point when to survive, the hunted must become the Huntress." -Huntress
BTW, here are Several games you can play as "original" Wonder Woman:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lego_Batman_3:_Beyond_Gotham
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infinite_Crisis_(video_game)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DC_Universe_Online
Proofs that SFV failed
http://www.capcom.co.jp/ir/english/data/html/result/2017/1st/1.html http://www.capcom.co.jp/ir/english/data/html/result/2016/full/1.html

User Info: QueenTakhisis

QueenTakhisis
4 days ago#10
SoFateDemands posted...
Don't know about you, but I'm a huge fan of the Injustice-comics, and I absolutely love Superman and Wonder Woman there. Even Batman, even though I'm sick of him in any other version (except on Gotham, but he's not Batman there... yet.) I'd love to have that version of Superman and Wonder Woman in the game.

And yet... I feel like I don't. First of all, I don't care about the story here. I mean, I like it, but it's only a minior part of the game for me. I played it, I finished the regular one (currently working on the "secret" one you unlock after 70+ fights) and enjoyed it, but I spend most of my time in the multiverse and couch-PvP. However, there's just something about this Superman I don't like. I love the comic-book version, and I liked him for the most part in the story. But playing as him... ugh, no. Maybe it's simply that Supergirl feels perfect, so they had to change Superman to avoid making him a clone of, uh, himself? So he never really feels like the Superman I know and love. Whether it's the regular comic-book version of Injustice comic-book version, he doesn't have the right "feeling".

Same goes with Wonder Woman. I like her both in the regular comic and Injustice comic, but playing as her in this game feels weird. Can't quite put my finger on what it is, but there's just something about her that feels off.
"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is the fear of the unknown."
~ H.P. Lovecraft ~
  1. Boards
  2. Injustice 2
  3. Why are people so upset that the regime acts like the regime?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.