Why does everyone hate runaway playstyle ?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Injustice 2
  3. Why does everyone hate runaway playstyle ?

User Info: gatooo

gatooo
2 months ago#1
Hi.

I bought Red hood 3 days ago because I really love this kind of playstyle. Keeping the opponent away, zoning, and then, when he gets to close, running away (or blowing him away), it's really to my liking since I'm not good at being pressured.

But, since I started playing Red Hood, I get A LOT of rage. It's like half of the people I played against are Red Lanterns or something...

I really wonder why ? Ok, this playstyle can be annoying, but only for people who doesn't have any patience. Not everyone has to run straight to the opponent to put pressure on them.

I'm not boasting or anything, I'm not THAT good, I only bought the game like 10 days ago. But come on, before Red Hood, I played with Supergirl and I know for sure that most of the people who rage-mailed me would not be much of a challenge even if I played Supergirl... So, what's the matter ?

User Info: Mega174

Mega174
2 months ago#2
gatooo posted...
Hi.

I bought Red hood 3 days ago because I really love this kind of playstyle. Keeping the opponent away, zoning, and then, when he gets to close, running away (or blowing him away), it's really to my liking since I'm not good at being pressured.

But, since I started playing Red Hood, I get A LOT of rage. It's like half of the people I played against are Red Lanterns or something...

I really wonder why ? Ok, this playstyle can be annoying, but only for people who doesn't have any patience. Not everyone has to run straight to the opponent to put pressure on them.

I'm not boasting or anything, I'm not THAT good, I only bought the game like 10 days ago. But come on, before Red Hood, I played with Supergirl and I know for sure that most of the people who rage-mailed me would not be much of a challenge even if I played Supergirl... So, what's the matter ?

You answered your own question. It's annoying simple as that. Especially on this game. Don't expect not to get rage.

User Info: KaijuKing97

KaijuKing97
2 months ago#3
A lot of people think it's cheap. They think that those who run away and spam are cowards and cheaters. In other words, they are sore salty losers.

Never understood that reasoning myself. Someone spends the whole match spamming projectiles from a distance? Get up close as Bane or anyone agile and they are screwed.
If all else fails, there's always the sun.

User Info: THEB0SS666

THEB0SS666
2 months ago#4
Because it drags the match out and is pretty boring to watch and play against even during matches you win.

I'd rather glue my nutsuck to concrete than suffer through matches like that.
Moderators are disgusting creatures.

gatooo
2 months ago#5
THEB0SS666 posted...
Because it drags the match out and is pretty boring to watch and play against even during matches you win.

I'd rather glue my nutsuck to concrete than suffer through matches like that.

I find it quite funny.

I mean, in my opinion, it feels a bit smarter to play like that or to counter someone who plays like that than just rushing on the opponent.

Mega174
2 months ago#6
KaijuKing97 posted...
A lot of people think it's cheap. They think that those who run away and spam are cowards and cheaters. In other words, they are sore salty losers.

Never understood that reasoning myself. Someone spends the whole match spamming projectiles from a distance? Get up close as Bane or anyone agile and they are screwed.

Or they could just hit you full screen and shoot some more since most of the zoners attacks do that. Plus this games stages are extremely long so that makes it even worse.

gatooo
2 months ago#7
Mega174 posted...
KaijuKing97 posted...

Or they could just hit you full screen and shoot some more since most of the zoners attacks do that. Plus this games stages are extremely long so that makes it even worse.

Learn some footsies, then.

Mega174
2 months ago#8
gatooo posted...
Mega174 posted...
KaijuKing97 posted...

I don't care to debate lol I don't even play this game anymore. But bottom line is people think it's lame regardless of it being smart which it is especially for this particular game. But don't expect to not get hate for playing like you do. Because it's hated and looked down on.

gatooo
2 months ago#9
Mega174 posted...
gatooo posted...
Mega174 posted...
KaijuKing97 posted...

I don't care to debate lol I don't even play this game anymore. But bottom line is people think it's lame regardless of it being smart which it is especially for this particular game. But don't expect to not get hate for playing like you do. Because it's hated and looked down on.

Looks like you've been bullied online.

Mega174
2 months ago#10
gatooo posted...
Mega174 posted...
gatooo posted...
Mega174 posted...
KaijuKing97 posted...

Looks like you've been bullied online.

I don't even know what that even means or what you are referring to but I have no feelings. Especially for people online so my fk fields are pretty barren in that regard.
  1. Boards
  2. Injustice 2
  3. Why does everyone hate runaway playstyle ?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived