The inevitable 2nd patch

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: LostCause

LostCause
1 year ago#1
Loving Skyrim thus far but this potentially game breaking bug has to get fixed by Bethesda at some point. But how soon can we expect a patch to adress the missing NPC's and what more can be done to polish up the game? was hoping to have the weeking in Tamriel but maybe it's safer to just wait...

User Info: a123454321

a123454321
1 year ago#2
There are still game breaking bugs 5 years after release?

User Info: rockgod420

rockgod420
1 year ago#3
Sadly i wouldnt hold my breath waiting on bethesda, its more likely that the unofficial patch or another modder fixes it before they do. This bug was around in the 360 version and never got fixed. Granted it wasnt nearly as bad but i still dont see them putting much effort into bug fixes for this game. Once someone does fix it i would assume that it would just put all the npcs back to the right place so you would be able to complete those quests later. I atleast hope thats the case.

User Info: wooty2

wooty2
1 year ago#4
a123454321 posted...
There are still game breaking bugs 5 years after release?

Vanishing NPC glitch on the level it is right now got introduced in special edition. Something about the remaster broke npc locations.

rockgod420 posted...
Sadly i wouldnt hold my breath waiting on bethesda, its more likely that the unofficial patch or another modder fixes it before they do. This bug was around in the 360 version and never got fixed. Granted it wasnt nearly as bad but i still dont see them putting much effort into bug fixes for this game. Once someone does fix it i would assume that it would just put all the npcs back to the right place so you would be able to complete those quests later. I atleast hope thats the case.

Unofficial patch author has said that vanishing NPCs is an engineer level problem. It's not even something that modders have access to changing.

User Info: masterspy007

masterspy007
1 year ago#5
I remember someone saying that there will not be any further "official" patches for this game as it would break all the mods out there and everyone would have to update their mods. This game will have to be fixed by the modding community if anything. I am sure that someone will figure out what is causing NPC's to go off map and will put something up to prevent it from happening.
XBOX Live Gamertag: masterspy007
PSN ID: mtbatey

User Info: wooty2

wooty2
1 year ago#6
masterspy007 posted...
I remember someone saying that there will not be any further "official" patches for this game as it would break all the mods out there and everyone would have to update their mods. This game will have to be fixed by the modding community if anything. I am sure that someone will figure out what is causing NPC's to go off map and will put something up to prevent it from happening.

https://beta-community.bethesda.net/topic/2144/npcs-are-missing?page=1
Bethesda is investigating the issue. This is something that most likely needs to be patched in order to be fixed based on what the unofficial patch mod author has said.

User Info: HUfan4L

HUfan4L
1 year ago#7
They better atleast patch the missing npc's. Everything else I can live with.
3DS: Goob1995 Fire Emblem MyCastle: 14825-20922-18912-67283 Please ADD!!!!
Xbox One: HU4L J3T

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived