Downside of being a werewolf?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: a123454321

a123454321
1 year ago#1
Other than not getting the well rested perk, is there? See quite alot people wanting to cure themselves after the Companion quest where you have to become one, but why? Its an option form you never have to go into after that quest, and it gives you 100% disease resistance. Ive no intention of being a werewolf, but will happily keep it as im immune from everything

User Info: Chef_Umaril

Chef_Umaril
1 year ago#2
The only ones I can see are that, before perks, the werewolf form is super squishy. Even after the whole tree is completed, the werewolf form's survivability and damage output is nothing compared to top-tier gear and spells.

Personally, I pick it up for the disease resistance, and only for that reason.
Xbox GT: Chef Umaril
Nords without heavy armor may as well be Breton girls.

User Info: a123454321

a123454321
1 year ago#3
True, but having the werewolf form and not using it doesnt seem to cause any negative effects (other than the one listed), but has the immune disease perk attached to it which saves alot of time buying/making potions

User Info: O1eDad

O1eDad
1 year ago#4
If anyone sees you transform, it's an automatic 1000g bounty I think. And some npcs are scared of you.

Chef_Umaril
1 year ago#5
I agree. The only downsides I see are stemmed from the actual werewolf form. The benefits outweigh the lack of being well-rested, in my opinion.

User Info: Raven_Blade91

Raven_Blade91
1 year ago#6
Werewolf form is amazing once you get a few perks into it. The forward power attack will knock any NPC down, allowing you to get in quite a few cheap shots.

It's also the fasted way to travel, besides fast travel. (Faster than horses, anyway.)
I used to be an adventurer like you. You know what? There's a castle out west where you can sell your blood if you get desperate (follow the marker)

User Info: CubsFan41

CubsFan41
1 year ago#7
I cured myself of werewolf form right away. I have shrines in my house to cure me of diseases. Disease resistance is the only perk to being a werewolf, and it's not even a good one. Being well rested lets you gain experience 10% faster. I'd much rather have that.

I don't need werewolf form when I have one handed weapons and bows maxed out.
Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish and feed yourself. He's a grown man. And fishing is not that hard. -- Ronald Ulysses Swanson

User Info: RaptorCouch

RaptorCouch
1 year ago#8
I just couldn't stand the constant itching and the cost for flea baths.

Chef_Umaril
1 year ago#9
RaptorCouch posted...
I just couldn't stand the constant itching and the cost for flea baths.

And this is the answer we were hoping for.

/closethread

User Info: MagicLarp

MagicLarp
1 year ago#10
There is no downside. You get amazing abs and you don't sparkle in the sun.
Black Marsh aka the toilet of Tamriel.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived