HDR dark and faded

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Forza Horizon 3
  3. HDR dark and faded

User Info: Caldo15

Caldo15
1 year ago#1
I have a Samsung JS8500 and for some reason when I activate HDR the game color looks dark and sort of faded. Anyone else have this problem?

User Info: StormShadowPR

StormShadowPR
1 year ago#2
Is your Samsung Dolby HDR or HDR10? Cause XBone does HDR10. It looks fantastic in my cousin's Vizio.

User Info: Caldo15

Caldo15
1 year ago#3
From what I read it's HDR10. I had to turn HDR on first by selecting UMD Color on. After that when I start forza I go into setting and adjust brightness first and then the HDR brightness. After that it seems the game kinda looks dark. I read online that this has happened to other people

User Info: Rog-meister

Rog-meister
1 year ago#4
Caldo15 posted...
From what I read it's HDR10. I had to turn HDR on first by selecting UMD Color on. After that when I start forza I go into setting and adjust brightness first and then the HDR brightness. After that it seems the game kinda looks dark. I read online that this has happened to other people

Did you manage to get to the bottom of this? I have exactly the same issue on my EG920 oled. HDR makes the image dull and dark. It completely sucks the brightness out. Can't seem to figure it out

User Info: triple s

triple s
1 year ago#5
I balanced both the brightness settings and the HDR. I have the KS8500. If all else fails, just crank your HDR setting higher in the menu and if HDR is on in game, it's actually a different setting than without it so you may have to adjust your settings through your TV as well.
GT:Triple S 06 PSN: TripleS24
Steam ID:triples22

User Info: WorldbreakR

WorldbreakR
1 year ago#6
I have a Samsung ks9000. When I play forza or gears 4 it has a pop up that says an hdr video is playing. But it makes it darker and not look good. If I change my settings to the dynamic one it does look much better but I feel like it isn't what it should be.

User Info: Rog-meister

Rog-meister
1 year ago#7
The only way round this on my LG OLED is to wait for the dull HDR to kick in.

i find if I switch sources on my tv to sky or another source and then back to the Xbox it rectifies the issue
  1. Boards
  2. Forza Horizon 3
  3. HDR dark and faded

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived