if you dont see a problem with the game length then you blindly support RE games

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 7: biohazard
  3. if you dont see a problem with the game length then you blindly support RE games

User Info: TomoEK9

TomoEK9
8 months ago#141
cowens89 posted...
I agree TC. I don't think this game being 9 hours is the same as a game like RE1 being roughly the same length because it was 20 years ago. Especially with games coming out all the time with 50+ hours of content. $60 and then releasing DLC a week later is scummy practice that Japanese developers are starting to use.

MGSV
DR4
FFXV
RE7

All of these were released without even tying up the games plot.

That said, I did enjoy this game. I rented it at redbox today and beat it in 8:32. I just think there is no reason to go back through, especially for full price. I would buy a complete edition with all the dlc in the future though

When a game is developed has no correlation with how long it should be. Most modern games are going for more open world concept which pads game time with lots of trekking through scenery to get to places, there isn't actual content, just a walking simulator.

I actually don't mind the length, nothing about this game feels tedious in my opinion. I remember playing through RE6 and a lot of the time I would just be saying to myself "Ugh, am I at the end of the chapter yet?". A lot of it felt just like a slog, and that things were obviously done just to stretch out the game as much as possible.

User Info: Jonathan_F_G

Jonathan_F_G
8 months ago#142
DIZZY-RASCAL posted...
80/80

this game has only been out a week and theres already DLC!

the greatest game in the series, re4, didn't need dlc because it was a long enough game. bring back shinji mikami! he knows how to make a game long and good!

This argument holds 0% water. Why must a game be long and full of content, in order for it to be good? I mean, didn't Biohazard 6 prove your point as moot?
"Self-love begins the journey to freedom." - Jonathan Fernando Goldberg

User Info: Jonathan_F_G

Jonathan_F_G
8 months ago#143
MercwithMouth82 posted...
-FFDragon- posted...
Separate Ways was basically DLC.

Separate Ways was a Side Chapter to a game that game out in a time in which consoles didn't even have DLC, yet.

Not true. The original X-Box had DLC as early as 2002.
"Self-love begins the journey to freedom." - Jonathan Fernando Goldberg

User Info: TG_Wolf

TG_Wolf
8 months ago#144
Yes cause I TOTALLY can't beat each game in the series in under 3 hours.

Go sit in the corner before you hurt yourself.
[Furry and Proud of it ^_^] DTAMFTCSATW
Official: Madara Uchiha of all Existence, Muu of UNSR/4 Boards, Saberwulf of KI Board and Cyber Smoke of the MKX Boards

User Info: George Trevor

George Trevor
8 months ago#145
DIZZY-RASCAL posted...
shinji mikami! he knows how to make a game long and good!

The Evil Within was decent at best.
i53570k-GTX1070|GBoy/Co/Advance DSLite NES SNES N64 GCube Wii WiiU|PS1-2-3|XBOX XB360|GGear MasterSystem MegaDrive MegaCD Saturn Dreamcast|AtariJaguar AtariLynx

User Info: blazer4lyfe

blazer4lyfe
8 months ago#146
XxBHunterxX posted...

you're literally defending anti consumer practices such as this, people complained out of their mind when re5 did this and re5 at least had the courtesy to have coop and mercenaries. I think the point is that people don't want these gross business practices becoming accepted as okay. re4 like it or hate it had the main game, assignment ada, separate ways and mercenaries, fast forward 10 years and re7 comes out with just the campaign and madhouse difficulty.

you say this is entitlement but I think its just demanding the company treat its fans with more respect than none at all. at the very least have enough sense to wait more than week before you start charging people for additional content when its clear that the main game is already really short.

That is entitlement. You are expecting extra modes, understand "EXTRA" modes to be included based on previous/other games. Yea.... that is entitlement.

You call it disrespect because they waited a week before offering additional content while knowing the game is already short. The average single player game is between 8-12 hours. Just a quick pole on this board has already shown that on this board alone, there are several players who have experienced both ends of the spectrum. Some saying they have completed it on their first run in the 4-7 hour range, and others saying it took upwards of 20 hours to beat on their first run through. Just because "You" ran through the game does not mean the game is short. Once again this idea that you as an individual get to make a claim that this game is short, and thus it must be short because you said so is silly. Not everyone experiences nor plays games the way you do. This game is of average length for the industry for single player experiences. It is not a short game by any means.

Also exactly what gross business practices are you referring to? DLC?
Fry-Nothing is impossible, you would know that if you took after the professor like me
Clone-Your his uncle he takes after you (05-29-2009 Victim of NSC)

User Info: XxBHunterxX

XxBHunterxX
8 months ago#147
blazer4lyfe posted...
XxBHunterxX posted...

you're literally defending anti consumer practices such as this, people complained out of their mind when re5 did this and re5 at least had the courtesy to have coop and mercenaries. I think the point is that people don't want these gross business practices becoming accepted as okay. re4 like it or hate it had the main game, assignment ada, separate ways and mercenaries, fast forward 10 years and re7 comes out with just the campaign and madhouse difficulty.

you say this is entitlement but I think its just demanding the company treat its fans with more respect than none at all. at the very least have enough sense to wait more than week before you start charging people for additional content when its clear that the main game is already really short.

That is entitlement. You are expecting extra modes, understand "EXTRA" modes to be included based on previous/other games. Yea.... that is entitlement.

You call it disrespect because they waited a week before offering additional content while knowing the game is already short. The average single player game is between 8-12 hours. Just a quick pole on this board has already shown that on this board alone, there are several players who have experienced both ends of the spectrum. Some saying they have completed it on their first run in the 4-7 hour range, and others saying it took upwards of 20 hours to beat on their first run through. Just because "You" ran through the game does not mean the game is short. Once again this idea that you as an individual get to make a claim that this game is short, and thus it must be short because you said so is silly. Not everyone experiences nor plays games the way you do. This game is of average length for the industry for single player experiences. It is not a short game by any means.

Also exactly what gross business practices are you referring to? DLC?

hold on when did I ever criticize the game for being short? why are you so eager to put words in my mouth. its a horror game I don't expect a horror game to have me playing for 9 hours on a speedrun. you made an argument based off something I never said.

again my gripe is with the shady business practice of making a single player game with nothing more than a campaign and charging full price for while also charging for dlc a mere week after the release implying that it was developed along side the game. if you like the game and the content more power to you, but I guess you're right it is entitlement of me to want the 7th mainline game in the franchise to have as much content as every single other game before it in the past 20 years and not charging me extra for those modes.

User Info: blazer4lyfe

blazer4lyfe
8 months ago#148
XxBHunterxX posted...

hold on when did I ever criticize the game for being short? why are you so eager to put words in my mouth. its a horror game I don't expect a horror game to have me playing for 9 hours on a speedrun. you made an argument based off something I never said.

again my gripe is with the shady business practice of making a single player game with nothing more than a campaign and charging full price for while also charging for dlc a mere week after the release implying that it was developed along side the game. if you like the game and the content more power to you, but I guess you're right it is entitlement of me to want the 7th mainline game in the franchise to have as much content as every single other game before it in the past 20 years and not charging me extra for those modes.

Ok so lets clear this up now. I literally quoted what you said and addressed solely what you said. Never once did I say you were criticizing the length of the game. I was responding to you saying it was disrespectful that a company release DLC a week after a release for a game you claimed they knew was already short. I pointed out that its of average length for a video game in the industry not just the survival horror genre. I never once put words into your mouth nor will I attempt to do so. Not when the quotes of what we typed are shown to us on the damn screen.

Now back to the discussion.

First of all not all the previous titles had the same amount of content included with them from the beginning. Mercs mode started with 4 and has lasted through 6.

I know it may not seem like it, but I do actually understand where you are coming from. Previous titles had the extra content included so why not this one as well? Then DLC is dropped that has extra content that is similar to previous content in previous games. I am just as confused as others with this method of some developers. If it existed in the last installment of the game why not include it in this one as well instead of taking a step back? Makes no sense. I understand where yours as well as other gamers frustrations are stemming from. This is the route the developer choose. Nothing we can do about it now.

However, all I am saying is that this blind expectation of these modes to be included into every title once introduced is quite literally what having an entitled attitude is. Like literally that is what entitlement is. I am not saying its absolutely wrong that you feel cheated in some way. But it is still a sense of entitlement that you are having expecting these things in the game.

Like I said in my initial post, I simply started playing video games far before quite a few of the posters on this board. I was playing games when there were no advertisements for games, no internet to whine on, no youtube to see everything about anything on games while in development. For me all the modes and extra playthroughs are just extra crap to do. I never expect these games to have all this stuff. I buy these games (especially the single player experience ones) with the mindset that all I am buying and looking forward to is the storyline portion of the game. I bye Resident Evil games to play the story. Not to have the other modes. Yes the other modes are cool, but as I said they are extra. That is it.
Fry-Nothing is impossible, you would know that if you took after the professor like me
Clone-Your his uncle he takes after you (05-29-2009 Victim of NSC)

User Info: master_m11

master_m11
8 months ago#149
TomoEK9 posted...
When a game is developed has no correlation with how long it should be. Most modern games are going for more open world concept which pads game time with lots of trekking through scenery to get to places, there isn't actual content, just a walking simulator.
This right here is 100% bulls***.... You can teleport/fast travel in open world games and others you have transportation like vehicles.. Stop making up s*** to defend this crappy game it makes you look bad.

TomoEK9 posted...
I actually don't mind the length, nothing about this game feels tedious in my opinion. I remember playing through RE6 and a lot of the time I would just be saying to myself "Ugh, am I at the end of the chapter yet?". A lot of it felt just like a slog, and that things were obviously done just to stretch out the game as much as possible.
This game feels boring with its bland story and characters. It's not even really hard either. I would rather play Resident Evil 6 with way better characters and better game play in my opinion.

You are basically just saying more content is s*** just because YOU don't like it.... That's your opinion not fact. That's no better than some hating on this game because it's too short because they think the content in the game isn't worth it..
Leave no Troll behind!
NNID:RedSeven 3DS:3754-8137-2550 Time to make the switch Nintendo Switch!

User Info: XxBHunterxX

XxBHunterxX
8 months ago#150
blazer4lyfe posted...
XxBHunterxX posted...

Ok so lets clear this up now. I literally quoted what you said and addressed solely what you said. Never once did I say you were criticizing the length of the game. I was responding to you saying it was disrespectful that a company release DLC a week after a release for a game you claimed they knew was already short. I pointed out that its of average length for a video game in the industry not just the survival horror genre. I never once put words into your mouth nor will I attempt to do so. Not when the quotes of what we typed are shown to us on the damn screen.

Now back to the discussion.

First of all not all the previous titles had the same amount of content included with them from the beginning. Mercs mode started with 4 and has lasted through 6.

I know it may not seem like it, but I do actually understand where you are coming from. Previous titles had the extra content included so why not this one as well? Then DLC is dropped that has extra content that is similar to previous content in previous games. I am just as confused as others with this method of some developers. If it existed in the last installment of the game why not include it in this one as well instead of taking a step back? Makes no sense. I understand where yours as well as other gamers frustrations are stemming from. This is the route the developer choose. Nothing we can do about it now.

However, all I am saying is that this blind expectation of these modes to be included into every title once introduced is quite literally what having an entitled attitude is. Like literally that is what entitlement is. I am not saying its absolutely wrong that you feel cheated in some way. But it is still a sense of entitlement that you are having expecting these things in the game.

Like I said in my initial post, I simply started playing video games far before quite a few of the posters on this board. I was playing games when there were no advertisements for games, no internet to whine on, no youtube to see everything about anything on games while in development. For me all the modes and extra playthroughs are just extra crap to do. I never expect these games to have all this stuff. I buy these games (especially the single player experience ones) with the mindset that all I am buying and looking forward to is the storyline portion of the game. I bye Resident Evil games to play the story. Not to have the other modes. Yes the other modes are cool, but as I said they are extra. That is it.

yeah you're right I just don't want capcom to become like EA and activision with how they release the content. they've already done it with street fighter V so it worries me about what they will be able to get away with in the future.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 7: biohazard
  3. if you dont see a problem with the game length then you blindly support RE games

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived