Should i use repair kit on broken handgun or save it for something else?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 7: biohazard
  3. Should i use repair kit on broken handgun or save it for something else?

User Info: Jonathan_F_G

Jonathan_F_G
10 months ago#31
HeroicBloodshed posted...
On first playthrough? Yes, absolutely use it on the handgun. By the time you actually need the broken shotgun for bosses, you will have access to the 2nd repair kit. Both boss fights against Jack inside the main house don't require the use of shotguns at all.

Now if you're on a 2nd playthrough, you'll have access to the Albert handgun so there's no point in using the M19.

I don't like the Albert. It's a fictional handgun. I prefer the M1911.
"Self-love begins the journey to freedom." - Jonathan Fernando Goldberg

User Info: HeroicBloodshed

HeroicBloodshed
10 months ago#32
Jonathan_F_G posted...
On first playthrough? Yes, absolutely use it on the handgun. By the time you actually need the broken shotgun for bosses, you will have access to the 2nd repair kit. Both boss fights against Jack inside the main house don't require the use of shotguns at all.

Now if you're on a 2nd playthrough, you'll have access to the Albert handgun so there's no point in using the M19.

That's an odd nitpick in a game where you can sprinkle magic water on your severed leg and reattach it in 4 seconds. lol
Good morning. That's a nice tnetennba.

User Info: Zach_Nightt

Zach_Nightt
10 months ago#33
Jonathan_F_G posted...

The design isn't fictional. Albert-01 is a reference to the Beretta M92F "Samurai Edge" pistols used by Raccoon City's S.T.A.R.S. members, more notably Albert's Samurai Edge variant with the rail part on the bottom of the slide. Looks like it's been fitted with a custom compensator, too.

Power-Wise, understandable, but being an unlockable (Albert-01R), how can you turn away such an amazing gift that can drop foes faster than the M1911?
"I am incomplete. There should be blossoms, not barren resentment. It is not my time. Not yet."
-Emrakul, The Promised End

User Info: Casual_Carnage

Casual_Carnage
10 months ago#34
Zach_Nightt posted...
Power-Wise, understandable, but being an unlockable (Albert-01R), how can you turn away such an amazing gift that can drop foes faster than the M1911?

I sort of understand. Tbh it would've been really cool to get a non-modded Samurai Edge with a 8-10 round magazine that was just slightly more powerful than the 1911.

I feel really cheap using the Albert and the 3 round clip makes it less of a handgun and more of a magnum... which it practically is with enhanced rounds.
Gaucho Pride
UCSB ATO Iota Nu Chapter

User Info: aheroafake

aheroafake
10 months ago#35
Zach_Nightt posted...
Jonathan_F_G posted...

The design isn't fictional. Albert-01 is a reference to the Beretta M92F "Samurai Edge" pistols used by Raccoon City's S.T.A.R.S. members, more notably Albert's Samurai Edge variant with the rail part on the bottom of the slide. Looks like it's been fitted with a custom compensator, too.

It only holds 3 bullets. I'll take the magnum instead. That's unfortunate though because it looks and sounds cooler than the magnum.
| Undead Soldier | Undead Army | Undead Hollywood |
| Xbox Live Gamertag: Capatan Azn Man | PSN ID: CapatanAznMan | www.youtube.com/capatanaznman |

User Info: Zach_Nightt

Zach_Nightt
10 months ago#36
Well with such a high power, the devs didn't want people just blazing through the game with ease. I feel the replica you unlock is meant to help future playthroughs like Madhouse, but not trivialize them beyond boredom.
"I am incomplete. There should be blossoms, not barren resentment. It is not my time. Not yet."
-Emrakul, The Promised End

User Info: shawnmck

shawnmck
10 months ago#37
Having a significantly more powerful shotgun (even if it only holds 2-rounds) is far more preferable to a handgun that is only a minor improvement, imho.
You can't make shotgun shells (ammo), so its better to make every shotgun blast count which the DB shotgun does. Since you can always make more powerful handgun ammo, the broken handgun isn't nearly as beneficial, imho.

User Info: Project575

Project575
10 months ago#38
Always get the shotgun repaired
https://imgur.com/a/VHxr4

User Info: HeroicBloodshed

HeroicBloodshed
10 months ago#39
shawnmck posted...
Having a significantly more powerful shotgun (even if it only holds 2-rounds) is far more preferable to a handgun that is only a minor improvement, imho.
You can't make shotgun shells (ammo), so its better to make every shotgun blast count which the DB shotgun does. Since you can always make more powerful handgun ammo, the broken handgun isn't nearly as beneficial, imho.

On the other hand, you can save shotgun ammo by not using the shotgun at all...you don't really need it until you get the 2nd repair kit, anyway. The 2nd fight against Marguerite you may have to use a few but only a few rounds if you have a fully stocked flamethrower and an extra stack of fuel. The flamethrower has little use after leaving that fight anyway so there is no worry about saving burner fuel.
Good morning. That's a nice tnetennba.

User Info: BeefEaster

BeefEaster
10 months ago#40
you have to be right up in one of the molded's faces with the pump action shotgun to blow their head off and sometimes even that's not enough

with the DB you can pop their heads from across the room
I play with dolls: http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y153/BeefEaster/004_zpskcg7thdf.jpg
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 7: biohazard
  3. Should i use repair kit on broken handgun or save it for something else?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived