I wonder what Shinji Mikami thinks of this game.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 7: biohazard
  3. I wonder what Shinji Mikami thinks of this game.

User Info: ONEEYEDKING

ONEEYEDKING
8 months ago#31
Yup that s*** became resident evil 5 at the point
But if, for arguments sake, you were to write a story with me in the lead role, it would certainly be a tragedy." -Kaneki Ken

User Info: railway95

railway95
8 months ago#32
Probably a lot more than 5 and 6

User Info: star_ark

star_ark
8 months ago#33
Tripoh posted...
ONEEYEDKING posted...
Tripoh posted...
dezeree posted...
I wouldn't trust "The Father of Survival Horror" with another game after his so-called masterpiece and "return to horror" The Evil Within which was a travesty in terms of both story and gameplay. Literally the most tedious game I've ever played and I still ask myself how I brought myself to finish it.

The guy is dead to me.

It was sooooo good until chapter 9. Then it just went downhill and turned into a terrible game I legit had to force myself to beat.

U mean when u get to the city in the evil with in

If so that's the same part I stopped at

Yeah. When the game went from dark to total day light for the rest of it.

It's not all daylight after chapter 9 but it does get more action based. On replays it is the action parts that are most compelling. Only reason im not getting re7 until at least 60% off is that i won't want to replay a story puzzle focused game. The atmosphere will be nice for a few hours but it's over the top action and the tension of trying to win combat that i find "scary". And even then it isn't real fear just tension.

User Info: Kev88

Kev88
8 months ago#34
Cloud_Strife7 posted...
Mikami killed the series with RE4, so, his opinion is worthless.

RE2 and RE4 have been the only two RE games to win GOTY, so yeah.

User Info: edward18

edward18
8 months ago#35
What's that have to do with anything?
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
Apparently Edward: Wise Old Sage of Korodai
(message deleted)

User Info: B1GB0SS_86

B1GB0SS_86
8 months ago#37
Kev88 posted...
Cloud_Strife7 posted...
Mikami killed the series with RE4, so, his opinion is worthless.

RE2 and RE4 have been the only two RE games to win GOTY, so yeah.

Resident Evil 4 is fine. I dont get why people say it killed the series and made it action. I think resident evil 5 did that but re5 isnt a bad game either. I actually felt scared playing re4 back in 04 on GameCube in the village when you first meet the chainsaw dude. I was just as confused as leon at that point with what was going on because back then we all were so used to The mansion, rpd building, racoon city, and rockford island. We were used to just zombies, hunters, lickers, and tyrants and all the sudden im facing these crazy village's that wont die from a single shot in the head. That to me was a good change at the time and was new and fresh.

User Info: edward18

edward18
8 months ago#38
I dont get why people say it killed the series and made it action.

It changed the gameplay, turned Leon into an ass, and had nothing to do with anything else in the series while at the same time completely destroying the downfall of Umbrella which the following games had to repair for about half a decade afterwards.

I think resident evil 5 did that but re5 isnt a bad game either.

It's literally the same thing as 4 only s*** actually happens in it.

We were used to just zombies, hunters, lickers, and tyrants and all the sudden im facing these crazy village's that wont die from a single shot in the head.

They die at the beginning from the headshots. It's only once night falls that the Plagas come out.
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
Apparently Edward: Wise Old Sage of Korodai

User Info: B1GB0SS_86

B1GB0SS_86
8 months ago#39
edward18 posted...

It changed the gameplay, turned Leon into an ass, and had nothing to do with anything else in the series while at the same time completely destroying the downfall of Umbrella which the following games had to repair for about half a decade afterwards.

We were used to just zombies, hunters, lickers, and tyrants and all the sudden im facing these crazy village's that wont die from a single shot in the head.

They die at the beginning from the headshots. It's only once night falls that the Plagas come out.

You need to upgrade the handgun for it to do intstant head shots. When you first start off the dont die instantly. You have a small chance that they will with the handgun. The shotgun is a different story tho. And 5 wasnt the same really. 5 was alot less scary because you had a partner so that throws the tension out the window. You always feel safe. In 4 you are by yourself most of the time trying to survive against a bunch of crazy people. Re4 isnt the best but its far from the worst. Alot of the hate is just bandwagon hate because its cool to hate.

User Info: Toan

Toan
8 months ago#40
B1GB0SS_86 posted...
edward18 posted...

You need to upgrade the handgun for it to do intstant head shots. When you first start off the dont die instantly. You have a small chance that they will with the handgun. The shotgun is a different story tho. And 5 wasnt the same really. 5 was alot less scary because you had a partner so that throws the tension out the window. You always feel safe. In 4 you are by yourself most of the time trying to survive against a bunch of crazy people. Re4 isnt the best but its far from the worst. Alot of the hate is just bandwagon hate because its cool to hate.

Don't argue about RE4 with edward. You will never win, he will hate on RE4, and any RE game past that until the day he dies. I'm 99% sure when REmake 2 comes out he'll be complaining there

Don't know why he can't just let us enjoy talking about the series. If he hates the games so much he shouldn't even be here
It is said, that the strongest among us are those that suffer through silent pain.
PSN ID: Toan_Greenlow-16 Youtube Channel: Toan Greenlow
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 7: biohazard
  3. I wonder what Shinji Mikami thinks of this game.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived