RE0 is way underrated!

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 7: biohazard
  3. RE0 is way underrated!

User Info: Spaced92

Spaced92
8 months ago#11
Came out months after REmake, pain in the ass as times with terrible monster designs with an AI companion mechanic that was neither fun or added to the experience. Felt a bit empty, there are very few cutscenes or events when wandering around the area.

Not a terrible game though. And so good looking. In between REmake and 4 it's just hard to remember it fondly which is unfair on it.
Geforce GTX whatever, i5 something or rather, some sticks of ram, an SSD and a Hard Drive with stuff on it.

User Info: GodofLegend

GodofLegend
8 months ago#12
RE0 is my favorite old school RE. Too bad it came out between REmake and RE4.
The dream is dead.....

User Info: Jonathan_F_G

Jonathan_F_G
8 months ago#13
XxBHunterxX posted...
PerrySport posted...
Agreed. Solid game. Just cool to hate on it i guess.

I mean there are solid critiques on the game, that deals with the plot, the lack of an item box, the enemy designs just being kinda lame and the fact that it came out after remake but had less of its mechanics. its an alright game but peoples sudden love for it seems to be out of spite for the action oriented games

In all fairness, Zero may have street launched after RE1make. But Zero's actual development period was years before, going back as far as the 2nd half of the 1990's. Whereas RE1make, started development in 2001.

So, there IS a reason why Biohazard 0 comes off as more archaic, in comparison to RE1make.
"Self-love begins the journey to freedom." - Jonathan Fernando Goldberg

User Info: ssj3gokou25

ssj3gokou25
8 months ago#14
Nah bruh. That game just sucked. I remember buying it for the GameCube and returning it the next day. I beat it in a day for Christ's sake!
[a grenade lands at his feet]
And everything seemed to be going so well. - sin city

User Info: 17chris

17chris
8 months ago#15
Agreed I loved RE0 on Gamecube, the lack of item boxes was better than being stuck with items you couldn't get rid of til you find an item box, besides you can make any room in the game your storage room. The only thing I can understand being annoying was the Hookshot.

Jonathan_F_G
8 months ago#16
Spaced92 posted...
Came out months after REmake, pain in the ass as times with terrible monster designs with an AI companion mechanic that was neither fun or added to the experience. Felt a bit empty, there are very few cutscenes or events when wandering around the area.

Not a terrible game though. And so good looking. In between REmake and 4 it's just hard to remember it fondly which is unfair on it.

In all fairness, Zero may have street launched after RE1make. But Zero's actual development period was years before, going back as far as the 2nd half of the 1990's. Whereas RE1make, started development in 2001.

So, there IS a reason why Biohazard 0 comes off as more archaic, in comparison to RE1make.

User Info: 17chris

17chris
8 months ago#17
ssj3gokou25 posted...
Nah bruh. That game just sucked. I remember buying it for the GameCube and returning it the next day. I beat it in a day for Christ's sake!

Is that suppose to be a con? All RE games pre RE0 could be beat in a day.

Jonathan_F_G
8 months ago#18
ssj3gokou25 posted...

Of course the game's gonna suck to you, if you're attempting to speedrun it on your first playthrough. How do you enjoy any game of all its offers, if your first playthrough is a speedrun?
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 7: biohazard
  3. RE0 is way underrated!

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived