Shinji Mikami (creator of RE 1-4) went on to make Evil Within while Capcom...

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 7: biohazard
  3. Shinji Mikami (creator of RE 1-4) went on to make Evil Within while Capcom...

User Info: Joeydollaz

Joeydollaz
10 months ago#51
Trespasser2003 posted...
I've loved all of his games on some level, but REmake, Shadows of the Damned, and Dino Crisis were his masterpieces. Evil Within was ok but that plot... I am excited to play it again once fw 4.50 comes out and those of us with Pros can fix the framerate.

it doesn't fix the crap gameplay

that games mechanics are all messed up
YEAR OF 4
(message deleted)

User Info: Jonathan_F_G

Jonathan_F_G
10 months ago#53
I don't see how Psycho Break/The Evil Within has serious problems. The game is an actual old school video game, as opposed to some contemporary interactive movie/video game hybrid.

As for the plot, I love it. Yeah, it's unusual. But it is feasible. The concept of consciousness, as being the monarch of one's own body, is a very real thing. So is mind control, which is a very dangerous threat, when used by immoral forces. Infact, it currently goes on in reality today. It's just that we as a species, find it unusual because we are rarely exposed to these kinds of concepts in mainstream media. It helps to bear in mind that Biohazard/Resident Evil deals with biological weaponry as a threat, whereas Psycho Break/TEW deals with psychological and spiritual weaponry as a threat. It's why I am able to appreciate both Biohazard and Psycho Break equally as IPs.
"Self-love begins the journey to freedom." - Jonathan Fernando Goldberg

User Info: star_ark

star_ark
10 months ago#54
Trespasser2003 posted...
I've loved all of his games on some level, but REmake, Shadows of the Damned, and Dino Crisis were his masterpieces. Evil Within was ok but that plot... I am excited to play it again once fw 4.50 comes out and those of us with Pros can fix the framerate.

The plot is fantastic and makes perfect sense. Lots of people replay re4 even today so having a story which requires multiple playthroughs to fully understand is a great idea for a highly replayable game.

User Info: UltraPlanet

UltraPlanet
10 months ago#55
It's just interesting to see that if Mikami never left Capcom then Resident Evil 5 would have been like Evil Within.

User Info: deathtouch1809

deathtouch1809
10 months ago#56
Shinji Mikami is actually not as great as people believe he is. If you read about Resident Evil 1's development, he wanted the game to feature robots and other crazy anime stuff. Another guy basically came up with zombies and most of the characters, including Jill, Barry, Rebecca and Chris and the Umbrella Corp.

User Info: UltraPlanet

UltraPlanet
10 months ago#57
deathtouch1809 posted...
Shinji Mikami is actually not as great as people believe he is. If you read about Resident Evil 1's development, he wanted the game to feature robots and other crazy anime stuff. Another guy basically came up with zombies and most of the characters, including Jill, Barry, Rebecca and Chris and the Umbrella Corp.

Yeah Kenchi Iwao is the guy who came up with the final concept.

Kenchi Iwao: "Originally, there were no humans in Resident Evil, just cyborgs! It was supposed to be a horror game, still, but by having these Terminator-style characters, it just wasn’t very scary at all. I decided to change up the characters.
The initial draft had a mad scientist-like doctor who was doing freakish experiments. I ended up redesigning the characters who would wind up having defining roles in the game, like Chris, Jill, and Wesker, as well as creating the Umbrella Corporation as an enemy, and concepts like the T-virus.
I also wrote all of the diary entries and files you find throughout the game".

User Info: HeroicBloodshed

HeroicBloodshed
10 months ago#58
UltraPlanet posted...
deathtouch1809 posted...

Kenchi Iwao: "Originally, there were no humans in Resident Evil, just cyborgs! It was supposed to be a horror game, still, but by having these Terminator-style characters, it just wasn’t very scary at all. I decided to change up the characters.
The initial draft had a mad scientist-like doctor who was doing freakish experiments. I ended up redesigning the characters who would wind up having defining roles in the game, like Chris, Jill, and Wesker, as well as creating the Umbrella Corporation as an enemy, and concepts like the T-virus.

This guy must be super salty when people think Shinji Mikami is the father of survival horror. Mikami wanted the STARS team to be cyborgs. WTF
Good morning. That's a nice tnetennba.

User Info: deathtouch1809

deathtouch1809
10 months ago#59
HeroicBloodshed posted...
UltraPlanet posted...
deathtouch1809 posted...

This guy must be super salty when people think Shinji Mikami is the father of survival horror. Mikami wanted the STARS team to be cyborgs. WTF

He seems pretty chill when talking about it, TBH.

User Info: Degalon

Degalon
10 months ago#60
i could only play like an hour of evil within before I was too bored to continue. Made it past beginner area and up to the village of guys where you hide under the bed the first time.

Died trying to sneak past the chainsaw guy in the beginning until I finally said screw it and just walked straight at and past him, simply swerving when I heard the chainsaw rev behind me to dodge.

By the time I stopped I was already sick and tired of simply fighting regular people.
GT/PSN: DEGALON
Official Fuu of the Naruto Storm 3 Boards
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 7: biohazard
  3. Shinji Mikami (creator of RE 1-4) went on to make Evil Within while Capcom...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived