capcom no long a big AAA games developer

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 7: biohazard
  3. capcom no long a big AAA games developer

User Info: CobraSA

CobraSA
9 months ago#41
ONEEYEDKING posted...
Lost most of their money to RE6 most likely lol

pretty much, AAA industry has been facing a crisis for a while, cheap mobile gaming competition, nowadays a AAA company can go bankrupt over one single project, square went bankrupt after their crap movie and ended in the hands of former competitor enix

the sales of RE6 were a disappointment for the big budget, and the days when you could sell millions on consoles with low budget stuff are over, now they need to rebuild their wealth slowly

re7 is a solid AAA though, I guess it's an attempt at trolling? after many mistakes and franchises wasted capcom is back on the right trail imo, and make quality gameplay for their core audience, if they keep it up they should be fine
The MUGEN ARCHIVE : http://mugenarchive.com
no discussion allowed on gamefaqs, want to discuss? https://www.reddit.com

User Info: Rose_Mage

Rose_Mage
9 months ago#42
Monster Hunter is selling well though
Official Parvati and Beth of the SMTIV board, The_Sol_Blader's loving wife

User Info: shawnmck

shawnmck
9 months ago#43
TC, why don't you put your money where your mouth is and see how expensive game-development really is..?

User Info: ILikeMajora

ILikeMajora
9 months ago#44
itchy
tasty
https://youtu.be/zUVzSbGo-DI?t=1m23s
explored the deep-seated psychological trauma and depression borne of years of loneliness, manipulation, adoration

User Info: ONEEYEDKING

ONEEYEDKING
9 months ago#45
CobraSA posted...
ONEEYEDKING posted...
Lost most of their money to RE6 most likely lol

pretty much, AAA industry has been facing a crisis for a while, cheap mobile gaming competition, nowadays a AAA company can go bankrupt over one single project, square went bankrupt after their crap movie and ended in the hands of former competitor enix

the sales of RE6 were a disappointment for the big budget, and the days when you could sell millions on consoles with low budget stuff are over, now they need to rebuild their wealth slowly

re7 is a solid AAA though, I guess it's an attempt at trolling? after many mistakes and franchises wasted capcom is back on the right trail imo, and make quality gameplay for their core audience, if they keep it up they should be fine

Irrational games only has 15 employees after how much of their budget they blew on bioshock infinite even tho the game was a success
Yea it's getting rough out here for game devs no
But if, for arguments sake, you were to write a story with me in the lead role, it would certainly be a tragedy." -Kaneki Ken

User Info: Nameless0n3

Nameless0n3
9 months ago#46
ignored and marked for spam
*Support your local motorcycle club*

User Info: WingZero0782

WingZero0782
9 months ago#47
Flen15 posted...
WingZero0782 posted...
They should bring back DMC, Dino Crisis, Onimusha and Mega Man.

Wish they'd bring back the Legends series.

I'm still waiting for X9.

Would love a Legends 3 though.
Currently Playing: who the **** cares!?
Rest In Peace Jess. 2008-2016.

User Info: Jonathan_F_G

Jonathan_F_G
9 months ago#48
jillsandwich89 posted...
Jonathan_F_G posted...
So.... How bout them Konami people?

Lol yeah it could get worse.

Yeah, Konami always springs to mind, during topics such as this. I mean, all that untapped IP potential.... Wasted.
"Self-love begins the journey to freedom." - Jonathan Fernando Goldberg

User Info: edward18

edward18
9 months ago#49
I've had hate for Capcom far longer than I've had hate for Konami.
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
Apparently Edward: Wise Old Sage of Korodai
(message deleted)
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 7: biohazard
  3. capcom no long a big AAA games developer

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived