Who is the most virtuous RE character?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 7: biohazard
  3. Who is the most virtuous RE character?

User Info: Hard2kill_turk

Hard2kill_turk
10 months ago#11
Now i remember. the way she acted really felt out of character for her. Especially when Moira was being nice instead of Claire.
Don't be a dick.

User Info: Mr_Mason_W2DS

Mr_Mason_W2DS
10 months ago#12
Hmm... Claire, Jill, Rebecca, or Piers. Not sure exactly which of these four is the most. But I don't recall any of these characters ever doing anything very questionable; the only time Jill did she was literally mind controlled, not even merely caving to duress or threats. All the other characters, sometimes under pressure from outside parties, have done questionable things if I recall correctly, or have given in (at least temporarily) to negative motives like vengeance.

That said, almost all the protagonists are pretty virtuous, as even those who did questionable things ultimately did the right things, which is what counts. But the four I mention are distinguished by being, as far as I can tell, nearly uncorruptible over the course of the series (again, aside from Jill having her mind literally hijacked).

Sheva might count too, by that same logic.

If I was forced to choose, I might say Piers. I don't know why. Unless there is something I'm forgetting (6 was so convoluted) he just seemed like an extremely noble guy.

Honorable mention, though, goes to one antagonist; namely, Jack Baker; he was never in control when he did evil things, and is noble enough that you can hear the compassion he has even for Eveline, who destroyed his family, just because he realized she was essentially just a child craving love.

User Info: Jonathan_F_G

Jonathan_F_G
10 months ago#13
If reality is a factor, then the most virtuous Biohazard/RE character, is any character that does not ascribe to collectivized erroneous dogmatic groups of any kind, such as the police, the military, government and pseudo-medical establishments. What these characters previously did in their pasts, would not count.

Do realize, I am a philosopher of sorts.
"Self-love begins the journey to freedom." - Jonathan Fernando Goldberg

User Info: Mr_Mason_W2DS

Mr_Mason_W2DS
10 months ago#14
Jonathan_F_G posted...
If reality is a factor, then the most virtuous Biohazard/RE character, is any character that does not ascribe to collectivized erroneous dogmatic groups of any kind, such as the police, the military, government and pseudo-medical establishments. What these characters previously did in their pasts, would not count.

Do realize, I am a philosopher of sorts.

For me personally, their past actions are merely "tie breakers" because if I judge them on their abiding character alone, and exclude past lapses, pretty much 90% of the protagonists are shining paragons, and I would have a very hard time narrowing it down, even harder than I already had. Some happen to belong to those organizations you mention, but quite a few of those still have strong moral compasses and would not blindly follow those institutions if the orders were immoral. Resident Evil largely follows the story of exceptionally noble folks, as protagonists go. With the occasional outliers like Ada or Jake, who seem a bit more chaotic neutral.
(message deleted)

User Info: lightningxiii-2

lightningxiii-2
10 months ago#16
Mr_Mason_W2DS posted...
If I was forced to choose, I might say Piers. I don't know why. Unless there is something I'm forgetting (6 was so convoluted) he just seemed like an extremely noble guy.

Piers was amazingly so much better than Chris in RE 6. I hate Chris' unbearable character in that game, an arrogant bad-tempered damn drunkard.
Light, I have always been looking for someone like you. You are the best and I'm not gonna stop loving you.

User Info: shileka

shileka
10 months ago#17
Rebecca
I'm a Kyogre's Cascade breeder, i specialize in providing HA starters for you to breed with!
3DS FC 2767-2339-4314 machoke-pancham-hariyama IGN Rebecca

User Info: FrenchCrunch

FrenchCrunch
10 months ago#18
It's Chris

User Info: Toan

Toan
10 months ago#19
lightningxiii-2 posted...
Mr_Mason_W2DS posted...

Piers was amazingly so much better than Chris in RE 6. I hate Chris' unbearable character in that game, an arrogant bad-tempered damn drunkard.

I honestly don't know who was worse, drunk, bad tempered Chris, or mad with revenge Chris.

Chris was so bad...
It is said, that the strongest among us are those that suffer through silent pain.
PSN ID: Toan_Greenlow-16 Youtube Channel: Toan Greenlow

User Info: lightningxiii-2

lightningxiii-2
10 months ago#20
Toan posted...
lightningxiii-2 posted...
Mr_Mason_W2DS posted...

I honestly don't know who was worse, drunk, bad tempered Chris, or mad with revenge Chris.

Chris was so bad...

Sure he was, unfortunately.
Light, I have always been looking for someone like you. You are the best and I'm not gonna stop loving you.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 7: biohazard
  3. Who is the most virtuous RE character?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived