That goddamn oil Ocean boss

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Sonic Mania
  3. That goddamn oil Ocean boss

User Info: izza20

izza20
3 months ago#31
Just be patient and destroy the two tentacles before even attempting to hit the main boss. Trying to hit the boss while being fired at was what undid me. If you kill the tentacles there is nothing else on screen and nothing firing at you when the boss pops up.

User Info: silenthill4vid

silenthill4vid
3 months ago#32
Invader_Stork posted...
AdrenalinDragon posted...
It's the boss that took me the most retries to beat. Worst level in Sonic Mania.

Agreed.

No idea why they brought these stages back. They're just not very fun.

User Info: Storm Chamber

Storm Chamber
3 months ago#33
Took me 2 tries. Least fun stage/boss so far.

User Info: Zack_Attackv1

Zack_Attackv1
3 months ago#34
Oh ho ho ho
http://i.imgur.com/kTMtVlq.png http://i.imgur.com/hxR0jnQ.jpg

User Info: Pffrbt

Pffrbt
3 months ago#35
Maetch posted...
So what? You'd have to be pretty sucky to let that happen.

The environment outright doesn't behave as it should. It feels like a glitch.

The tentacles come up along with the boss > You jump on the boss and expect to land back in the oil > Instead you instantly die.

It doesn't really make any sense. You expect to bounce back into the oil, but instead Sonic just inexplicably gets sucked into hell.

User Info: The Rogue Cobra

The Rogue Cobra
3 months ago#36
I dunno, I've beaten it twice with zero issue other than getting hit once. And I didn't need more than one life either time. I've seen Tails die to the insta-kill apparently but that's all.
Tell me Bats, what are you REALLY scared of? Failing to save this cesspool of a city? Not finding the Commissioner in time? ME, in a THONG? - The Joker

User Info: belgurdo

belgurdo
3 months ago#37
Oil Ocean was a lame level/boss in Sonic 2 and it still is here
"Not fond of Denny's. Years ago one of my hash browns crawled up my arm."-The Great Magus

User Info: RedXIII202

RedXIII202
3 months ago#38
Lmao I just dont understand all of the topics on this. Youd think this was the final boss.

Take out the Lava Reef turrets first and then take the Octo head on after that. Its all about timing dont rush and you dont die.

On my first playthrough I died once because I forgot I could jump out of the oil, after that the next life I took him down its pretty much Lava Reef and Oil Ocean bosses mixed together.

I didnt even know that there was an instakill attack until coming to the forums.

You guys disgust me. Git gud.
This guy are sick.

User Info: RedXIII202

RedXIII202
3 months ago#39
Pffrbt posted...
Maetch posted...
So what? You'd have to be pretty sucky to let that happen.

The environment outright doesn't behave as it should. It feels like a glitch.

The tentacles come up along with the boss > You jump on the boss and expect to land back in the oil > Instead you instantly die.

It doesn't really make any sense. You expect to bounce back into the oil, but instead Sonic just inexplicably gets sucked into hell.

It must be a glitch. I've never seen this happen.
This guy are sick.

User Info: RaisinBizzle

RaisinBizzle
3 months ago#40
I whipped this boss first try with sonic but did have a harder time with Knuckles. You can't jump out of the oil when the platform is fully raised which made it tricky. After needing to continue I decided to git gud and beat it pretty easily. Just gotta take it slow and destroy the guns before going after the octopus. I almost ran out of time since I played a bit too conservatively

I did die once where it seemed like the platform rising out of the oil instakilled me, but it could have been the octopus. Otherwise I never got killed from hitting the octopus.

And not sure why people don't like this level. Burning up the oil all over is awesome and entering the subs is cool too. The gas/fog whatever mechanic similar to sandopolis zone from s&ok is neat as well. I like it much more than the original (which also wasn't bad).
3DS friend code: 1075-0729-0396
Currently Playing: Othello, Dominos, Chinese Checkers
  1. Boards
  2. Sonic Mania
  3. That goddamn oil Ocean boss

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived