I forgot how trash co-op was

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Sonic Mania
  3. I forgot how trash co-op was

User Info: Atmaboy

Atmaboy
4 months ago#1
Just got the game tonight. Was hoping it was something I could play with the wife, then I was quickly reminded that in Sonic games the screen only follows player 1, thus 2nd player is constantly left behind and can easily lose their bearings. For some reason my memory played a trick on me, thinking that split-screen was part of standard co-op and not just competitive MP. Split screen would've been ideal as she doesn't have the gamer instincts to stay on screen.

I'm sure I'll enjoy playing by myself, but co-op being trash was something I really wanted them to fix. I know it's a nostalgia game, but that doesn't mean you can't improve it.
"Because...justice?" - Arthur

User Info: Aurafox1

Aurafox1
4 months ago#2
The Tails getting left behind bit is a tradeoff with Tails' invincibility. If Tails gets left too far behind he'll reappear next to Sonic. It's also a lot easier for a second player to carry Sonic than to tell the AI to pick Sonic up.
  1. Boards
  2. Sonic Mania
  3. I forgot how trash co-op was

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived