What is the "correct" way to beat the Titanic act one boss?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Sonic Mania
  3. What is the "correct" way to beat the Titanic act one boss?

User Info: RaisinBizzle

RaisinBizzle
3 months ago#1
Seems like I couldn't hit the boss or get any of the balls flying around it to blow up without taking damage. Got through it by getting hit, collecting ring back, and then hitting boss while invincible over and over.
3DS friend code: 1075-0729-0396
Currently Playing: Othello, Dominos, Chinese Checkers

User Info: AdrenalinDragon

AdrenalinDragon
3 months ago#2
RaisinBizzle posted...
Seems like I couldn't hit the boss or get any of the balls flying around it to blow up without taking damage. Got through it by getting hit, collecting ring back, and then hitting boss while invincible over and over.

The balls eventually drop on the floor. You make a jump and then fall back to the edge of the screen.

User Info: Polycosm

Polycosm
3 months ago#3
When the spheres drop to the floor, they form a tight circle underneath the boss / eye, then sweep wide left/right, then contract back into a tight circle. You have two openings, when the spheres are in tight formation. Jump over them, hold the reverse directional button just as you hit the eye, and bounce back to safety at the edge of the screen.

As you destroy the spheres, you'll eventually be able to find additional openings as they're spinning up around the eye. With good timing, you don't necessarily have to wait for the spheres to drop every time, once you destroy enough to make a large enough gap.

The timing can be especially tricky with Knuckles, but the strategy is the same for all three characters. Good luck!
BKSheikah owned me so thoroughly in the 2017 guru contest, I'd swear he used the Lens of Truth to pick his bracket. (thengamer.com/guru)

User Info: RaisinBizzle

RaisinBizzle
3 months ago#4
Thanks for the tips. I was playing as Knuckles which made it seem like I couldn't avoid getting hit. Doing a Tails run through now and will try this out.
3DS friend code: 1075-0729-0396
Currently Playing: Othello, Dominos, Chinese Checkers

User Info: Aurafox1

Aurafox1
3 months ago#5
Even in Sonic 3 I always just brute forced that boss. It's really difficult to avoid damage so you may as well damage boost the whole thing.

User Info: Morphine1986

Morphine1986
3 months ago#6
as Sonic i found a spindashed Jump from the edge gave you more than enough wiggle room to hit the boss and bounce back regardless of where the spinning orbs were. Knuckles on the other hand, due to his lower jump height made that tougher to do.

User Info: C_Money17

C_Money17
3 months ago#7
This battle is kinda bulls*** with Knuckles. Sure, he can just barely jump high enough to hit the eye, but I found that taking damage is pretty much unavoidable if one of the spheres that rise up and explode after you hit the eye is right underneath him. I get hit every time. Is there any way to avoid that with Knuckles or what?
Do yourself a favor and learn the damn difference between your/you're and there/their/they're.
http://tinyurl.com/37ya4pr | http://tinyurl.com/kt9mbsr

User Info: r0xm2n

r0xm2n
3 months ago#8
Charge a Spindash, mash the jump buttons, release the spindash, and jump into the eye. You'll bounce back to safety. Just do it when the balls are on the ground (and not when they are spread out). You can typically get 2 safe openings per cycle (before the balls spread out, and after they spread out).
This has been another (probably) uselessly informative post, by me. Booyah!
http://www.youtube.com/user/MrEvilbyte

User Info: Gibbeynator

Gibbeynator
3 months ago#9
Super Sonic.
It is pitch black in here, you are likely to be eaten by a Grue *CHOMP* Well... I warned him...
  1. Boards
  2. Sonic Mania
  3. What is the "correct" way to beat the Titanic act one boss?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived