Blue Sphere is hard because of the controller

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Sonic Mania
  3. Blue Sphere is hard because of the controller

User Info: Krondelo

Krondelo
3 months ago#11
Haven't you ever played the old school Tony Hawk games?? All you have to do is get used to hitting the direction just a bit before you actually want it to happen. In the THPS games you would do that in a combo, hitting the buttons before the next trick to lock it in. Same idea really, except actually simpler being only a direction.
Taking life one day at a time.

User Info: langlest

langlest
3 months ago#12
My problem wasn't needing to get used to anything

I was already used to how it plays on mega drive, the extra lag was what made the bonus levels hard for me

after changing to the wired pad and removing the input lag I was able to clear 3 stages on my first try, stages that I had been repeatedly failing with the lag present

I know it's on a grid but as the speed gets higher the time between each grid section is reduced so having a more responsive pad really does help
STDs, A Problem Shared is a Problem Halved

User Info: AdrenalinDragon

AdrenalinDragon
3 months ago#13
The Blue Sphere stages are definitely harder in Sonic Mania compared to Sonic 3 & Knuckles'. I managed to do all 14 in S3&K on my first go today.

User Info: nonexistinghero

nonexistinghero
3 months ago#14
Aurafox1 posted...
I haven't had a problem just using the D-pad. I think people are just salty because they're not as good at the game as they thought they were.

I got all golds, but I still think it feels a bit less responsive than the original. And I did the original fairly recently. I think it's thanks to a number of things though, not really because it's wireless.

Aurafox1 posted...
The game is literally on a grid, unless you're pressing the button way too late, the lag won't affect a thing.

That's not quite right. If I press on the last moment in this game, the character won't turn. If I do that in the original, the character will still turn. Not sure if it's because of lag or because the feel is just different. But either way, it is a bit different in terms of timing.
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.

User Info: RaisinBizzle

RaisinBizzle
3 months ago#15
cheddarsword posted...

it's not the game's fault, it's the players. In other words, git gud.

Might sound harsh, but entirely accurate. Every single time I fail (which is a lot) it feels like it is 100% my fault. The early stages I was blowing past and I thought I was the s***. NOPE. Been stuck with six levels left to go for awhile now.
3DS friend code: 1075-0729-0396
Currently Playing: Othello, Dominos, Chinese Checkers

User Info: langlest

langlest
3 months ago#16
nonexistinghero posted...
Aurafox1 posted...
I haven't had a problem just using the D-pad. I think people are just salty because they're not as good at the game as they thought they were.

I got all golds, but I still think it feels a bit less responsive than the original. And I did the original fairly recently. I think it's thanks to a number of things though, not really because it's wireless.

Aurafox1 posted...
The game is literally on a grid, unless you're pressing the button way too late, the lag won't affect a thing.

That's not quite right. If I press on the last moment in this game, the character won't turn. If I do that in the original, the character will still turn. Not sure if it's because of lag or because the feel is just different. But either way, it is a bit different in terms of timing.

I'm glad somebody understands what I'm talking about :)
STDs, A Problem Shared is a Problem Halved

User Info: Aurafox1

Aurafox1
3 months ago#17
Why would you wait till the very last moment to press the button to turn? I've also felt no lag at all when it comes to jumping.
(message deleted)

User Info: uDubstep

uDubstep
3 months ago#19
Aurafox1 posted...
BASS http://s8.postimg.org/kq3kkr96t/BANGSfinal.png
STEAM: (BANGS) BASS wubwub - GOG: HOOGAFANTER

User Info: nonexistinghero

nonexistinghero
3 months ago#20
Aurafox1 posted...
Why would you wait till the very last moment to press the button to turn? I've also felt no lag at all when it comes to jumping.

Sometimes there is no choice but to press on the last moment. Like 50% of my fails in those stages happened because I pressed on the last moment and he wouldn't turn. It's not like it's easy to time when you're already going at turbo speed. That special stage where start from a big square and then circle around as it gets smaller and smaller and you get faster and faster... because of issues with the controls not being responsive enough, I beat that stage by awkwardly jumping to the end after it starts and then basically going in reverse.
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.
  1. Boards
  2. Sonic Mania
  3. Blue Sphere is hard because of the controller

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived