Classic Sonic in this is some of the worst s*** this franchise has ever seen.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Sonic Forces
  3. Classic Sonic in this is some of the worst s*** this franchise has ever seen.

User Info: TheMagica

TheMagica
2 months ago#21
I'm glad I'm not the only one that disliked Classic Sonic in this. I never looked forward to playing his levels.

I can't really describe it, but he just feels worse than he did in Generations. Maybe the power of that game's spin dash helped mask how ineffective rolling down slopes actually is.

User Info: FireGazerR

FireGazerR
2 months ago#22
Agree so much, and literally screamed "noooo!" at Sonic's line in the ending.
3DS FC: 2062-9951-8728
Believe it!

User Info: ObsceneAnarchy

ObsceneAnarchy
2 months ago#23
Classic's stage's music is an abomination. Green Hill's was alright but everything else is completely terrible.
Brawl #: 2019-9336-9320

User Info: ssj_duelist

ssj_duelist
2 months ago#24
I agree, classic Sonic in this plays worse than Sonic 4 ep 2 Sonic. How are SEGA so blind!?

He was the worst part and Generations but he was at least playable in that.

User Info: Ssonicun

Ssonicun
2 months ago#25
Its because of havoc physics engine. They cannot adjust the engine to fit classic sonic physics.

User Info: Gamechamp3k

Gamechamp3k
2 months ago#26
Pffrbt posted...
-Sonic barely gains any height from bouncing off an enemy.

To clarify, this is because bouncing on enemies now bounces him back up at the same speed he landed, and thus going back to the apex of that jump. It was an effort to make him at least slightly more resemble the Genesis physics.
http://i.imgur.com/ES0IWHz.jpg
Kuro-channnnnnn... <3

User Info: Reverted_Pikkon

Reverted_Pikkon
2 months ago#27
FireGazerR posted...
Agree so much, and literally screamed "noooo!" at Sonic's line in the ending.

@FireGazerR

Which line?
Spring-a-ling!

User Info: TheWayofPie

TheWayofPie
2 months ago#28
I love how sega can never get 2d right but the fans can
Ridley: *Adjusts monocole* Why, I've become civilized, my dear Samantha! Anyway, come, sit, have some tea. -Master_Warlord7 Same Time Posts: 8

User Info: fygar

fygar
2 months ago#29
Pffrbt posted...
Landing while holding down causes Sonic to stop in place, no matter how fast he was going, and crouch, instead of just rolling.

That doesn't even sound like a Sonic game.

How do you f*** it up this bad???

User Info: SpunkySix

SpunkySix
2 months ago#30
fygar posted...
Pffrbt posted...
Landing while holding down causes Sonic to stop in place, no matter how fast he was going, and crouch, instead of just rolling.

That doesn't even sound like a Sonic game.

How do you f*** it up this bad???

Even Mario games don't do that as far as I remember, and those aren't supposed to be momentum-based most of the time. At least in NSMB I'm pretty sure holding down just before jumping, if done properly, causes Mario to duck and slide slightly when he lands, rather than ground pounding as he would if the button was pressed midair.
Gregg rulz OK
  1. Boards
  2. Sonic Forces
  3. Classic Sonic in this is some of the worst s*** this franchise has ever seen.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived