How is it that Eggman is never written badly before?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Sonic Forces
  3. How is it that Eggman is never written badly before?

User Info: Kingdom080500

Kingdom080500
2 months ago#1
Even in the games with the s***ty writing, Eggman is still great. And Mike Pollock's voice for him is so perfect. They'll ruin other characters but Eggman remains untouchable. It's great.
"A delayed game will eventually be good, while a rushed game is bad forever." - Shigeru Miyamoto.

User Info: SSJGPiccles

SSJGPiccles
2 months ago#2
Eggman is a character that basically writes himself. You'd have to be completley inept to screw him up. Scratch that you'd have to be less than inept to mess up Eggman (because Sonic team is extremely inept). Mike Pollock then elevates it to a whole other level that bad writing simply can't touch.

User Info: Quartz

Quartz
2 months ago#3
I would argue that he was written poorly in '06, since they removed all of his trademark charm and turned him into a boring villian who's only meaningful involvement with the story is him kidnapping the same girl over and over.

He was also written poorly in other media, but I'm assuming you only meant the games...

User Info: Gamechamp3k

Gamechamp3k
2 months ago#4
We'll never have an Eggman as good as Ohtsuka. :<

The new Eggman is great as a substitute, but he can't do the trademark laugh.
http://i.imgur.com/ES0IWHz.jpg
Kuro-channnnnnn... <3
  1. Boards
  2. Sonic Forces
  3. How is it that Eggman is never written badly before?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived