which gundam series' did this game inspire you to watch

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Gundam Versus
  3. which gundam series' did this game inspire you to watch

User Info: _Val_

_Val_
3 months ago#11
ConflictedX3 posted...
i cant shake that mikazuki (the Gundam pilot) is a spiritual successor to heero with his stoic demeanor

Heero>Setsuna>Mikazuki are kind of a recurring archetype, each has their own quirks and motivations but they're all stoic guys who only really care about their missions.

TheGreatestBean posted...
If you think you won't ever end up taking all the time to watch all of that, I'd recommend doing:

MSG (Movie Trilogy Version)->Zeta->Char's Counter Attack->Unicorn

Agreed on the movie version of MSG being the better choice (they're the "final" version anyway), unlike Zeta where the movies butcher the story. A bit iffy on skipping ZZ though, you'd miss some major elements. Skipping the horrible first ~15 eps is safe though.

On topic, already watched pretty much all so I don't have new series to watch but the game reminds me that I should probably read the Crossbone manga someday. I just have no motivation because the game also made me hate the damn FC.

User Info: Genzanin

Genzanin
3 months ago#12
Me too almost
Miss turn a
Ms design is horrible can t go beyond 1st ep 5 min
Tried a couple of times just failed

Crossbone manga is cool they sort of borrowed ispiration for Age enemies origina too
won t spoil it
>;3
www.serateotaku.it - It took long but now GUNDAM ONE YEAR WAR is finally on line.We didn't spare nothing to the white mobile suit, NOW IN ENGLISH huge fun!!!

User Info: weedok

weedok
3 months ago#13
ive watched wing like 10 years ago (ithink) and started from the beginning little over month ago while waiting for this game and now ive almost watched ZZ

User Info: X-Blader

X-Blader
3 months ago#14
I already saw IBO and G Gundam(my fav too)
Right before release was Seed andsome of Wing.

ConflctedX3
I didn't care for Seed either at first. At first it was a carbon copy of original Gundam ( I saw the remastered movie and didn't finish that either because it was loooooong). But I think Seed managed to hook me around 15-20 episodes in, watching Flay waive her almighty V to wreck the otherwise boring cast. It was frustrating and hilarious at the same time. Then after she became irrelevant Kira became interesting on his own. Give it another shot if you have time.

Seed Destiny rubbed me the wrong way with its first ep (screw to 3 ep rule), and based on the reviews I don't see how I could be wrong with that feeling.
Blame your fate!

User Info: greeeed

greeeed
3 months ago#15
I always find it funny when people said they like Iron Blooded orphans but called Gundam Seed trash.

It's like saying don't drink Pepsi because it's bad for your health. So, drink Coca-Cola
http://howdrawmanga.com

User Info: _Val_

_Val_
3 months ago#16
Genzanin posted...
Me too almost
Miss turn a
Ms design is horrible can t go beyond 1st ep 5 min
Tried a couple of times just failed

I know that feel, even without the wonky MS design I had a very, very hard time getting into Turn-A. The pacing just felt horribly slow to me, with a bunch of filler-worthy parts where nothing really happens. I kinda struggled for 40 episode or so, with the few good twists happening once in a while keeping some interest.
Then, the last ~10 episodes were incredibly epic and easily on par with the best series.

The series is highly praised among old-time fans though, so I probably missed what actually makes it good, or just couldn't get into it.

User Info: splat_CAT_52

splat_CAT_52
3 months ago#17
ConflictedX3 posted...
Pigeon_Senpai posted...
I've taken a liking to the Barbatos in the game.

Is Iron Blood worth the watch?

i just finished season 1 today, im hype cuz this is actually the first season of a gundam series i've completed without missing a single episode.

its worth it, cool cast, some deaths that actually make you feel something even remotely and i cant shake that mikazuki (the Gundam pilot) is a spiritual successor to heero with his stoic demeanor

I thought season 1 was damn near perfect. Season 2 wasn't as good IMO but still enjoyed it. The ending felt somewhat rushed to me.

Anyways, though, I don't even have this game yet (will be getting it at a later date) but I played the trial version. I doubt it would make me watch any other series since I've watched the majority of the ones I've wanted to watch before the game came out. So far the only ones I haven't been interested to watch or dropped were G-Reco, Turn A & Age.
*Jumps out window & falls to the ground* "Hey! where the hell are my wings!?" -Train Heartnet

User Info: DOAbayman

DOAbayman
3 months ago#18
I finally started watching Turn A and as I suspected everything about this show is weird the protagonist (dark skinned, trap, moonman) the mustache gundam, the setting. The opening starts off as three moonchildren sing different lullabys as they head to earth then wonder off to find a job.
"Are you one of those scrubs that likes the story spoon fed to you?"
"You mean books?"
  1. Boards
  2. Gundam Versus
  3. which gundam series' did this game inspire you to watch

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived