Is there a full tier list for this game yet?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Gundam Versus
  3. Is there a full tier list for this game yet?

User Info: Shadows_Of_Fall

Shadows_Of_Fall
2 months ago#1
I keep seeing people reference where stuff is tiered but I haven't actually seen a list. Is it just people saying "yeah that seems about X tier" or is there a list I could look at?
Current Obsessions - Witcher 3. Horizon Zero Dawn, Persona 5, Overwatch, Fire Emblem, Final Fantasy XIV, Splatoon 2, D&D/Pathfinder

User Info: Goraishi

Goraishi
2 months ago#2
http://exvsrank.ninja-x.jp/gvs_300.html

Keep in mind this has not been updated since the 1.06 changes. It is also in JP, but there are pictures so...

User Info: Zero 0083

Zero 0083
2 months ago#3
I miss the Hidolf. That MS was GOAT. It was great just rolling around the battlefield and spamming projectiles.
*Official Junk Tech and Pilot of the Final Gundam*
APPROVED (if for no other reason than the horrid acronyms) ~ Lowe Gear

User Info: hack_-_Kite

hack_-_Kite
2 months ago#4
Im very surprised the nu gundams are as low as they are. They play far smoother than the sazabi and nightingale and play safer than the g self and turn gundams. They also have quicker recovery times than the v2 in either of its modes. What is the criteria for these tier lists?
All Time List in Order: .hack//IMOQ, SMT Nocturne (Team Shijima), Persona 3,Crisis Core, FF12, Tekken 5, TTT2, Warriors Orochi 3, DW7, SW2.

Goraishi
2 months ago#5
hack_-_Kite posted...
Im very surprised the nu gundams are as low as they are. They play far smoother than the sazabi and nightingale and play safer than the g self and turn gundams. They also have quicker recovery times than the v2 in either of its modes. What is the criteria for these tier lists?

It is just an over rating for how suits of the same cost compare. It has some bias towards how well the suit matches against the higher tier suits. Just going to throw an example of that out to explain what I meant. In Full Boost for 2ks, Sandrock was a higher tier than Blitz because Sandrock had better match ups against other top tier suits, but Blitz was considered stronger against the rest of the roster.

As for why those 2 are so low, I'd say lack of threat. Neither has great burst damage potential or great tools for pushing in / fighting up close. Yeah, they have a lot of ranged tools (especially Nu), but for a 500, you really need more than just that.

User Info: CodingSession

CodingSession
2 months ago#6
It's so sad seeing my favorite, Exia, is that low. I guess melee suits are at a disadvantage in this game.

User Info: PK Man

PK Man
2 months ago#7
CodingSession posted...
It's so sad seeing my favorite, Exia, is that low. I guess melee suits are at a disadvantage in this game.

This game favours melee suits greatly. Exia is already one of the better 300 cost suits. The probelm is that the entire 300 and 200 cost aren't considered strong due to their low health and short boost meter.
{o_X}Q=(-_-Q)

Goraishi
2 months ago#8
CodingSession posted...

It is just because it is a 300. X1, FC, Epyon are all very strong suits and are melee.

Honestly, I think that tier list is being a bit hard on the 300s.

User Info: Dtok

Dtok
2 months ago#9
Well, even Kshatriya is only C ranked.

Tiers mean very little if the player cannot utilize the full potential anyway.

Any good player with a 200 suit van wreck a 500 suit as long as piloting is superb.

That and Tier Lists are mostly subjective with very specific criterias attached.

An example is if attack range matters, then Kshatriya would be SS ranked.
Youtube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQm4-fm9o-qRQmALZ8P1JTA
PSN: DToNE7

User Info: Dinosaur

Dinosaur
2 months ago#10
CodingSession posted...

It's more like the lower cost suits(200 & 300) are considerable weaker than the higher cost suits in this game. Across all the tiers and costs, the majority of 200s and 300s are in C tier. This is not the case for 400s or 500s.

As for melee oriented suits, they have an easier time getting close to the enemy in this game compared to the previous games in the series because of the dive system.

Exia is one of the stronger 300 cost suits, despite being in C tier. He has tons of tools and movement options for a melee suit as well as the only revive in the game. Don't let tier lists dictate your limits because player skill and strategy goes an extremely long way in this game.
twitch.tv/gmcustom - please check my channel out if you have time, thanks
  1. Boards
  2. Gundam Versus
  3. Is there a full tier list for this game yet?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived