Jerid is the worst character ever (spoilers)

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Gundam Versus
  3. Jerid is the worst character ever (spoilers)

User Info: neo_auron2

neo_auron2
3 months ago#21
MaikeruRX-78 posted...
I liked Shinn well enough but yes, his development was almost entirely negative and possibly was an instance of Mitsuo Fukuda and Chiaki Morosawa deciding to change the script, once they realized that Kira was still incredibly popular.

Really, Kira and Lacus are the only characters who come out of SEED Destiny without looking worse than they did in their debut and/or at the end of SEED. Athrun comes off as a womanizer--seeing as he basically dumps Cagalli with no fanfare for a younger girl, Meilin--and a wishy-washy, ineffective leader and mentor, for example. Cagalli, speaking of, goes from a stalwart fighter for her homeland to a crying load, and by the time she gets her resolve back she... gives up her personal Mobile Suit to Neo Roanoke, because reasons...????

It isn't very clear but i thought Athrun ended up with Cagalli since he decided to join Orb that's the way i see it anyways because the Hawk sisters are up at Plant with Kira and Lacus.

User Info: _Val_

_Val_
3 months ago#22
OmegaShinkai posted...
I mean he did kinda kill Kamille's mom

Oh gawd, I completely forgot that part. It's been a very long while since I watched Zeta, but not sure if Kamille knew that the guy constantly coming for him was the one who pressed the trigger and killed his mom though. Chances are he would have killed him much earlier if he knew...

And yeah, Shinn is a case of character development gone horribly wrong. He was annoying from the start but *could* have turned into a decent human being at some point, except the script was rewritten to put Kira back in the spotlight, and Shin stayed a misguided dumbass until the end.

Pretty much all characters suffered from it though. Kira and Lacus become so "perfect" that they're kinda boring, Athrun becomes so indecisive that he can't choose a side or girlfriend, and then there's poor Cagalli...

MaikeruRX-78 posted...
Cagalli, speaking of, goes from a stalwart fighter for her homeland to a crying load, and by the time she gets her resolve back she... gives up her personal Mobile Suit to Neo Roanoke, because reasons...????

IIRC the main reason was that she figured she should focus on what only she can do (being her nation's leader) rather than fighting on the front line, and Neo being a better pilot than she could ever dream to be, so he'd make a much better use of the Akatsuki.
But yes, going from strong-willed fighter to near-useless crybaby was painful to see. Though it did allow to get one of the "best" lines of the show from Kira.
"I'm gonna barge in your war and single-handedly destroy two armies because YOU MADE CAGALLI CRY"

User Info: OmegaShinkai

OmegaShinkai
3 months ago#23
_Val_ posted...
but not sure if Kamille knew that the guy constantly coming for him was the one who pressed the trigger and killed his mom though. Chances are he would have killed him much earlier if he knew...

He does, Jerid even taunts him about it in the episode immediately after.

User Info: _Val_

_Val_
3 months ago#24
Alright, seems I forgot a lot of these Zeta moments. Well, that's a good excuse to rewatch it, that game put me back in a Gundam mood and I wasn't sure which series to pick.

Also means that Jerid is a much bigger jackass than I even remembered. Seriously, taunting a kid that you killed his mom in front of his eyes? Think I lost the few shreds of sympathy I had for him.

User Info: kaylan411

kaylan411
3 months ago#25
How Jerid was the one you chose to call the worst is beyond me. Especially when characters like Quess and Shinn exist.
Official Meijin Kawaguchi III
Love Gundam/Gunpla? Join the Gundam Eclipse community

User Info: greeeed

greeeed
3 months ago#26
OmegaShinkai posted
_Val_ posted...
but not sure if Kamille knew that the guy constantly coming for him was the one who pressed the trigger and killed his mom though. Chances are he would have killed him much earlier if he knew...

He does, Jerid even taunts him about it in the episode immediately after.

If my memory is right, he didn't know that he killed a civilian.

(Same as Yazak)
http://howdrawmanga.com

User Info: Plant42

Plant42
3 months ago#27
kaylan411 posted...
How Jerid was the one you chose to call the worst is beyond me. Especially when characters like Quess and Shinn exist.

I despised Hathaway more than Quess. f*** him that POS.

User Info: monkeybutler

monkeybutler
3 months ago#28
Dtok posted...
Yzak from SeeD is the same way.

I'd trade Yzak for Domon anytime just cuz I hate hearing Domon on this character whenever I'm in a match and I keep thinking it's a G Gundam character...
THIS HAND OF MINE IS BURNING RED!
SOMEONE GET WATER

User Info: personae777

personae777
3 months ago#29
Jerid also didn't have Master Asia to take him under his wing as his teacher so he was lacking a good mentor figure.

*Dynasty Warriors:Gundam 1's Original Mode storyline with Jerid and Master Asia*
(message deleted)
  1. Boards
  2. Gundam Versus
  3. Jerid is the worst character ever (spoilers)

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived