What determines a Thrower's damage output?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Aidyn Chronicles: The First Mage
  3. What determines a Thrower's damage output?

User Info: devidedistand

devidedistand
4 years ago#1
Hey guys. When I was younger, this was my favorite RPG, possibly my favorite game, and I recently bought it again online. After it arrived in the mail, I fired it up and was so excited to have it back again :) I played through to the mountains of Erromon, just before the fight with Kitarak. But I couldn't even make it to him because I kept dying, and I realized that when I was a kid, I had no flipping clue what I was doing or how to level up properly, and I actually just kind of avoided as many enemies as I could and muscled my way through with Abrecan lol. I'm sure it starts that way with most newbies, but this time I've researched the game mechanics quite a bit. So I feel much more confident this time, and I am doing quite well with it.

Now to the point. I started a new file the other day and decided to really put my heart into it, you know? I also wanted to try something new and challenging, so for my starting team I picked up Rheda, Godric, and Brenna. Now I have Rheda and Alaron as battlemages, Brenna as a bit of a ninja-mage, and Godric is my thrower/mage/alchemist.

But I don't know how to go about leveling Godric. I've just been pumping his Throw skill, and a few other things, but how do I get him to deal more damage? In-game description of Strength says it's for hand-to-hand combat, so I take that to mean melee in general. And Intelligence says it affects the chances of success with casting spells, ranged weapons, etc. But I don't understand if Intelligence raises the damage dealt too, or is that included in Strength? Or should I just keep pumping Throw?

Thanks to anyone who can help :)
Diamond Name: Devid
Friend Code: 3179 8130 3119

User Info: triaxx2

triaxx2
4 years ago#2
I'm not entirely sure what throw does. I always pumped Dex for more turns. Once you get to erromon, talk to Becan get a throwing iron. Now he can reach the entire map. The only other upgrade is the Dragon Fang in Port Saiid, which is a magical version meaning it can hit wraiths and other things that require magical weapons.
I am Triaxx Guardian of earth.
Sole member of the Guardians. RP/FF Char Count:15

User Info: LoneSoldier

LoneSoldier
4 years ago#3
strength...kinda dumb I know... but think of it as how hard you can throw...
You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.
---Another long day, Another Lone Karma point---
  1. Boards
  2. Aidyn Chronicles: The First Mage
  3. What determines a Thrower's damage output?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived