Damage formulas and hit %'s

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Brigandine
  3. Damage formulas and hit %'s

User Info: Prevch2

Prevch2
4 years ago#1
Does anyone know if there is a resource on the internet that explains how damage is calculated and how the percent chance to a hit an opponent is calculated?

I have tried to figure out a few, but I can't seem to get it quite get it right. For example, I was relatively certain that all hit %'s with magic spells that could miss were determined by the difference in intelligence between the caster and the target. In other words, if you cast stone on someone with a higher intelligence than you, it would miss 100% of the time.

My tune has changed since the other day I used a ninja to cast stone on a Valkyrie that had 10-20 higher intelligence and it worked.

I'm now starting to think that character level may partly play a role in hit%, but I can't confirm or deny that 100%.

Do any of you have any insight or resources that I can look at?

User Info: Lionheartyz

Lionheartyz
4 years ago#2
For straight melee damage, it is Att-Def+Variable = damage.

So if a guy has 300Att, and the enemy has 150Def, then you should do roughly 140-160 damage per strike, critical adds another 25%.

If I remember right, magic damage is calculated Casters INT + Magic Base Damage - Target INT = Damage.

So lets say Cai has 120INT and casts Thunder (150 base), and he attacks Bagdemagus who has 70INT then 120+150-70=190-210 damage.

For status spells, the theory is it is tiered. Different classes has different chances but basically same as above. INT + Base chance - enemy INT = % chance

Melee attack percentage is basically the same. Attacker AGI + Base hit rate - Opponent AGI = Hit percentage. Most classes/monsters are generally around 100 base hit rate, the huge one is Mandrakes, base hit rate is like 140 and someone else that made no sense..... like Cai or Lyonesse. A mage who should really never be in hand to hand combat has a hit rate of 130, forget which though.

This is all in one of the faqs for Brigandine, I forget which one but I used it so much I pretty much had all these memorized and I still do the calculations in the middle of battle to determine if I have a killshot or if I should run.

User Info: Prevch2

Prevch2
4 years ago#3
Thanks Lion that helps a lot.

I will check out the FAQs and see if I can find which one this info came from.
  1. Boards
  2. Brigandine
  3. Damage formulas and hit %'s

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived