I vant to put WHEAT all around my city.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Civilization II
  3. I vant to put WHEAT all around my city.

User Info: MonarchPaulos

MonarchPaulos
4 years ago#1
I want to, is that possible?
PSN: PaulosBlade, AIM: PaulostheSpy
http://www.youtube.com/user/PaulosTheGamer , I am Paulos Hunter Blade, owner of www.gamelegacies.com preserving legacies!

User Info: Pako Pako

Pako Pako
4 years ago#2
The resource? (Like Whales or Silk or Gold.)

Not with the in-game editor, which randomly creates resources that are at least 3 squares apart. In the 21-square grid surrounding the city, you can only have 5 special resources, max. (Shields on grasslands do not count as a special resource. Rivers also do not count for the purpose of "seeding" the map.)

If you mean by surrounding your city with wheat/food-producing squares, then yeah, totally possible.

The largest city possible in-game is one built atop 5 plains w/wheat (or desert w/oasis... or more if you use the Airbase bug) and 16 grassland squares. For trade-token bonuses (which translate into tax/luxury/science tokens), it would be nice if these had rivers and shields too.

With farming (or airbases), you would get 4 food from each grass square and 6 from the five others, giving your city a base potential of 47. With added food trucks (from your other cities), you can feed the size of that one city even more...

Some more reading if you're interested:
zompist.com/winciv2.htm
forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=96725
-=PakoPako=-
"This was brought to you by FRUNGY, the Sport of Kings!"
  1. Boards
  2. Civilization II
  3. I vant to put WHEAT all around my city.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived