Has anyone else encountered this glitch?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Warrior VII
  3. Has anyone else encountered this glitch?

User Info: FinalEternity

FinalEternity
2 years ago#1
When the game prompted me to change discs, it kept telling me disc 2 was the incorrect disc. I had saved beforehand so after a few tries I reset the system. I let disc 2 boot up normally and loaded the save like any other and the game started up no problem. So, not a big deal. I'm just wondering if it's a common problem. For the record, I'm playing on a ps2.
The black wind howls

User Info: j mcdermid

j mcdermid
2 years ago#2
Never had it happen. Might be your PS2 starting to go wonky.

User Info: behindtheword

behindtheword
2 years ago#3
Could also be smudges on the disc, or just dust on the laser.

It's a good practice to clean your PS2 at least once every 3 months (especially the laser), and to check your discs, and use a computer monitor cleaning solution, or PURE Isopropyl alcohol (not the general store bought, as it leaves residue), and wipe them down with an extra soft, non scratchable, fuzzy tower, and then a lens cleaning cloth to polish.

Yes, I'm serious, I've fixed numerous disc-read problems just polishing my discs from time to time.
FAQ status - DW3 GBC (97%), DQ4 DS (10%), DQ4 solo DS (60%), DQ5 DS (20%), DQ6 DS (85%), DQ7 3DS (10%), FF4 DS (47%)

FinalEternity
2 years ago#4
Yeah, it must be my ps2. I just finished the game and I had no problems with either disc and neither of them have any scratches. So I decided to run a few tests. I tried a couple ways to prompt a disc change, starting a new game from disc 2 and trying to load my end game from disc 1. Both times the game prompted me to change discs and both times the game told me it was the wrong disc after I changed it. Since it did that no matter which disc I was switching to, I can only conclude my poor ps2 is finally starting to go. Sigh.

edit: Definitely my ps2. I got out the last multi-disc game I played and forced a disc change. It didn't work either and I know I didn't have that problem before.
The black wind howls

User Info: behindtheword

behindtheword
2 years ago#5
What model?
FAQ status - DW3 GBC (97%), DQ4 DS (10%), DQ4 solo DS (60%), DQ5 DS (20%), DQ6 DS (85%), DQ7 3DS (10%), FF4 DS (47%)

FinalEternity
2 years ago#6
It's the very last model of the big ps2s. I don't know the number. I just know I got it when my first ps2 died and immediately after I got it they released the thin model.
The black wind howls

User Info: ploodie

ploodie
2 years ago#7
I don't think I could get this to work on my PS2 or my PS3 - had to dust off the old PSX!
Oh God, it's me!

User Info: Barkita

Barkita
2 years ago#8
I have one PS2 that I am using and 2 that are in storage that I have bought at yard sales several years ago. They are all the big ones. I am hoping that my grandson can keep them running.

Ebay still has them listed.
@zzzzzzz[]XX::::::::: KINGS-FIELD.COM ::::::::::>
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Warrior VII
  3. Has anyone else encountered this glitch?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived