I got all the immigrant towns on one file.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Warrior VII
  3. I got all the immigrant towns on one file.

User Info: unwashed_masses

unwashed_masses
2 years ago#1
I did it guys. And I know how to do it again with the minimal amount of hassle. I also discovered some weird new things with my savestate abuse.

1. Grand Slum does not need 10 of a mixer, dancer, or bunnygirl. If you have 6 bunnygirls, you will not find more. If it is possible to get more without exchanging multiples using Exchange, I don't know of it. This is what I had of the required immigrant types...

Bunny : 6
Mixer : 3
Dancer : 4
Bully : 8
Sailor : 4
Prisoner: 2

2. Using Exchange will make your life a thousand times easier. Use it and you will have 10 hours of your life. It might even be worth starting a whole new file post-immigrant town JUST to exchange with your mail file - it will make your life a lot easier. The file you are exchanging with must be a unique different file on another card.

3. You realistically cannot get above 33 immigrants without using permanent ones to cap off your town. There are 6 of them, but one is time sensitive. There might be a way to get above 33 with the other weird thing I discovered with savestate abuse, but that's untested (I'll list that below). Therefor using tried and true methods you can make 2 final towns by yourself without Exchange (3 final towns if you time a permanent immigrant to be obtained during Melvin's Pilot Flame objective where you can pick up the perma warrior).

I still don't recommend not using Exchange. Starting another file to get to the immigrant town part so you can use Exchange is just far easier and less time consuming than doing it on one file, even if you are using an emulator with turbo and savestates.

4. With your second file, gather some of the immigrants you want to exchange for your town. For instance for the slum, get like 2 Bullies, 2 sailors, 2 Prisoners, etc. then save like 5-10 times on the same memory card. You can then trade with all of the files and get tons of multiples of the same immigrant to meet any requirement easily.

Do not bother getting all or most of the required immigrants on a single file to trade with your main, because you will realize quickly that the game will not let you trade all the immigrants you gathered. It is kind of a crap-shoot which ones will be allowed and which ones wont be. Get the required number by duplicating files and trading with the duplicates.

KEEP A BACKUP of your second file!! One that has not exchanged at all. When you are done exchanging with the duplicates, get rid of the files you traded with and replace them with the virgin file. Use the virgin file to gather more immigrants and then duplicate it again for another trade.

Using this strategy I obtained every final town, collecting all the collectible items and buying critical items from the shops. Make sure you have the money to purchase what you want before changing the town again.

unwashed_masses
2 years ago#2
5. Some immigrant spots function different than others. Some of them, if you savestate outside and enter, you can reload and there might be an immigrant, there might not be one, etc. and it is TIME sensitive. If you enter at exactly the same time over and over, it'll be the same immigrant.

Then there are other spots where it is not time-sensitive. For instance, you savestate outside of the cabin outside of Mentare on the trail. You enter and exit 5 times and the 6th time you enter a Dancer appears. If you reload the save-state, the 6th time you enter will be the same Dancer again. The only way to change who you get is by entering/exiting a different location and trying again.

This realization has lead me to think that obtaining over 33 immigrants from these spots *might* be much easier! I've only confirmed 3 different spots that work in this way:

A) The Great Fane south of Madra.
B) The cabin outside of Mentare.
C) The basement of the Armor shop in Coastal

There might be others but I am not sure. I know that The Great Fane has always produced an immigrant extremely quickly compared to other locations even at high immigrant counts (28+).

Anyway, that's all I can recall for now, but if anyone has any info from their own experiences, or if anyone has questions or clarification let me know!

User Info: wpot

wpot
2 years ago#3
I have done it as well - I didn't use save states, just a lot of exiting and entering. My only advice is to skip the locations where you can't see the spawn point from the door. You might be entering/exiting the room 100 times; make sure that no additional walking is required. If I remember correctly there are 12-15 points that work this way: the Falrish inn, the Loomin Inn, the Coastal armorer, etc

My only other comment is that it looks like you mid-read #1: you need a total of 10 mixers, dancers, and bunnygirls together. In your case 6+4+3 = 13.
Pronounced "Whup-pot". Say it. Use it.

unwashed_masses
2 years ago#4
Ah sorry I forgot to elaborate on point #1. There was someone in a topic awhile back that said they met the 10 mixer/dancer/bunny requirement (they had a total of 10 of some combination of all of them with at least one of each). Then it was speculated that you needed 10 of one of them and at least 1 of the others.

I don't know why that other person was unable to get the grand slum even though they met the requirements in the FAQ. I can only suspect that they miscounted or there is some other factor we don't know about. I do know that since that topic there have been sources that state that 10of one of them and 1 minimum of the others is required. I'm just saying that I managed to get it by following the faqs requirements, so that is not true.

I don't know why I forgot to clarify, I just had so much to say I forgot some essential context. <_<

as for the immigrant town, did you manage to get all the towns without exchange? I tried in the past but without having permanent immigrants I could not get an immigrant to appear past 33 (and I had already recruited all of the permanent immigrants so I was screwed in that regard). I had entered and exited a location thousands of times in various locations. If it was not impossible it was nearly so.

I am interested in figuring out if some of the weird locations that spawn immigrants differently (like at the great fane) could save you if you were out of the permanent ones, but I've yet to test it.

User Info: behindtheword

behindtheword
2 years ago#5
I said that, though it's accurate. It's been awhile though, and I no longer have that save, but in my current save, my farm required a cow. I had the right total amount of farm animals + hobbits, but I did not have a cow. Found one after hours of searching, and it changed from a Normal to a Farm.

If you've say, 6 Dancers and 4 Mixers, but no Bunny's, I found the Grand Slum did not spawn, even if I had all the other requirements. So, I had to remove a character and find a Bunny Girl. Thus the point of "at least one of each", to imply you'll need Bunny girls, Dancers, and Mixers, and the only requirement when combining all three types, is 10.
FAQ status - DW3 GBC (97%), DQ4 DS (10%), DQ4 solo DS (60%), DQ5 DS (20%), DQ6 DS (85%), DQ7 3DS (10%), FF4 DS (47%)

User Info: wpot

wpot
2 years ago#6
The time-sensitive thing might be interesting...for those playing on an emulator. Maybe it works something like Angelo search in FF8 and you can game it.
Pronounced "Whup-pot". Say it. Use it.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Warrior VII
  3. I got all the immigrant towns on one file.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived