Phew - just finished the first section of the game question...

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Warrior VII
  3. Phew - just finished the first section of the game question...

User Info: ploodie

ploodie
2 years ago#1
So just got past the first land shard portal and met Matilda and all that…

Question is this - I enjoyed the "puzzle" approach of the opening section - is the remainder of the game much the same? Or is it back to the standard go from point A to B and battle randoms?
Oh God, it's me!

User Info: wpot

wpot
2 years ago#2
It's mostly 'the standard', as you say. There are a couple locations with puzzles similar to the opening sequence, but it's mostly solving problems for various locales. Some have good vignettes/stories, some have tougher fights, some introduce new gameplay...but there are few biggish puzzles.

Most people get impatient of the first section and want to start fighting. Each to their own...
Pronounced "Whup-pot". Say it. Use it.

User Info: unwashed_masses

unwashed_masses
2 years ago#3
DW7's shard system encourages thorough exploration. Most other dragon quest games do as well, but dw7's system takes things to a new level. You need to explore many areas for shards.

Each new area that you find has a unique problem that is puzzle-like I suppose. Without spoiling too much, each new puzzle you solve changes the world. It's not always as straight forward as point a to b, story wise or gameplay wise, as it first appears. The game does throw some curveballs that will leave you openly exploring or possibly lost, so be forewarned. There are fortune tellers to give you hints on where to go.

In case you don't know, there is a major gameplay system that hasn't been opened up yet. I don't know why we are treating that like a spoiler but the game will take its sweet time before introducing it and it'll bring you some customization opportunities.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Warrior VII
  3. Phew - just finished the first section of the game question...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived