Sworddance question

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Warrior VII
  3. Sworddance question

User Info: ploodie

ploodie
2 years ago#1
yes, I'm a noob - hi!

So, if I understand from what I've read, I fight 55 battles to mature as Warrior, 53 more to mature as Dancer, then 30 more to get back on Warrior… and I learn SwordDance?

And then this is like some big kickass skill that if I learn it on all my characters I can just basically breeze through the game?

Is this actually recommended, then, to teach it to all my characters ASAP?
Oh God, it's me!

User Info: behindtheword

behindtheword
2 years ago#2
You fight 55 straight battles as a Warrior, mature, then switch to Dancer, fight 53 more battles to hit maturity, and you will gain SworDance.

The only time you would need to become a Warrior again, is if you did something like this:

Warrior, 55 battles, matured, switched to Thief on accident, then switched the Dancer, fight 53 battles, because you switched to Thief, the "hybridization element" that links Warrior and Dancer is removed. So to get SworDance, switch to Warrior immediately after hitting level 5 Dancer, the first point where you can gain "mature" status (after those 53 battles), and fight 30 battles for Warrior to become "mature" again. Now you'll get SworDance.

Or maybe you do something like this. Warrior, 55 battles, matured, switch to Thief, hit Job Level 3 (so less than mature, since mature is only accessible from job level 5 and up), then switch to Dancer, hit 53 battles and mature status. Then you'll need to switch back to Warrior, fight 30 more battles for SworDance.

Or maybe you hit Thief level 5 after Warrior, then go Dancer to level 5. You'd have to switch to Warrior again at that point, and hit the 30 battle count to "remature" as a warrior.

So think of "mature" status in this way.

It requires Job level 5. This is your first "mature" state.
Anytime after Job level 5, all the way to the maximum of 8, if you switch back to any job again, it will reset the mature process, and "remature" after 30 battles.

If a job is matured, and it can hybridize with another class, then switch to that class, mature that new class, and the hybrid skill will be learned.

So if you wanted say, Thief Hit + SworDance, but didn't feel like returning to classes, you'd want to do something like the following:

1) Start as a Dancer, hit either job level 5, or level 8 (max level). -> Switch to Warrior, hit either job level 5 or 8, obtain SworDance. -> Switch to Thief, hit either job level 5 or 8, obtain ThiefHit.

2) Start as a Thief, hit either job 5 or 8. -> Switch to Warrior, hit either job level 5 or 8, obtain ThiefHit. -> Switch to Dancer, hit either job level 5 or 8, obtain SworDance.
FAQ status - DW3 GBC (97%), DQ4 DS (10%), DQ4 solo DS (60%), DQ5 DS (20%), DQ6 DS (85%), DQ7 3DS (10%), FF4 DS (47%)

User Info: unwashed_masses

unwashed_masses
2 years ago#3
SwordDanc is really good but by no means do you need it on ALL your characters (in fact that would be overkill and could destroy a lot of the challenge and skill diversity of your characters).

beyondthesword has it right. One thing that's worth noting is that you don't need to be matured in a class to be able to work towards battle requirements for more class levels/skills. That's been kind of a misunderstanding that has confused me over the years.

User Info: VeghEsther

VeghEsther
2 years ago#4
However if you want to learn ALL those combo skills its kind of "best" IMHO to power up all those base jobs to level 8 first that way it only takes 30 battles to learn each skill.

As in every base job needs way more then 30 battles to power them up to level 5 so even if you kill most non bosses in 1 turn its just faster to unlock all the hybrid skills by only needing 30 battles to learn each one.

User Info: j mcdermid

j mcdermid
2 years ago#5
VeghEsther posted...
However if you want to learn ALL those combo skills its kind of "best" IMHO to power up all those base jobs to level 8 first that way it only takes 30 battles to learn each skill.

The stupid. It burns.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Warrior VII
  3. Sworddance question

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived