OMG This game will NEVER end!!

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Warrior VII
  3. OMG This game will NEVER end!!

User Info: ploodie

ploodie
2 years ago#1
Not that I dislike it, but geez I've been playing over a month and I don't know if I'm even half way there yet!! (Just got Melvin, in the Probina storyline)…

sorry, just getting that off my chest
Oh God, it's me!

User Info: wpot

wpot
2 years ago#2
Yup - you have plenty of game yet to go! Heck, you have plenty of disc 1 left to go...and you've barely done anything with the main storyline. Enjoy the ride - few games include this much gameplay.
Pronounced "Whup-pot". Say it. Use it.

User Info: behindtheword

behindtheword
2 years ago#3
One of the beautiful aspects of DQ7, especially the original, is the game can be completed in 17 hours or less. 20 maybe if you just want to get enough of the bonus content for unlocking the bonus dungeons, 25 if you want all mini-medals, and all treasures (except for the extra town forms aside from the Normal final form).

The reason for this is, 90%, maybe much higher, of all NPC dialogue, and even story sequences, are completely optional. It doesn't feel like it, but most towns have at least 10, as many as 50 individual dialogue bits that are part of a short or semi-long sequence, that is totally unnecessary.

Take Engow. At no point do you have to witness the two lovers, or the boy who found the coins, or the attacks at each of the lanterns. Those are all optional scenes, and optional battles, and a TON of optional dialogue. The vast bulk of the dialogue is all optional.

However, the design and flow of the game seems to induce talking to many people and triggering many, if not most, or all of the scenes.

Then there's the double checks for chests in dungeons, the long dungeons themselves, where if you know the path, and given the very low encounter rate, it's a quick and easy ride, but if you DON'T know them, they really keep going, and that 1 battle almost every 30 steps feels like they're coming in quite often. It's rather brilliant given the number of false leads and paths. Much of this is built into the balance of keeping the party just low enough of a level to assure staying in range of classes, while also giving a real sense of exploration...I mean, the outside world looks small, but damn it's huge. HUGE. Of course it's also designed to assure a decent growth rate of classes before the end-game for those who like to wander a bit, get lost, or are sticklers for treasure and seeing every nook and cranny of the game.

Nevermind the minigames themselves, and the RNG factor on the township, both for recruit spawns and spawn types if you're looking for particular types.

Anyway, enjoy it man. As wpot says, few games really give you all your dollar pays for, and then some...and it still has more to squeeze out of it.

It's a good thing those individual story lines are so well thought through, dark, and gripping.
FAQ status - DW3 GBC (97%), DQ4 DS (10%), DQ4 solo DS (60%), DQ5 DS (20%), DQ6 DS (85%), DQ7 3DS (10%), FF4 DS (47%)

ploodie
2 years ago#4
Yeah, I love playing it - I just wish I was maybe 15 years younger and had plenty of time and no outside obligations!

I only get to play 1-2 hours a day most days.
Oh God, it's me!

User Info: Barkita

Barkita
2 years ago#5
You could literally put hundreds of hours in this game. Even if you have saves from previous games to help with the different immigrant towns. A piece of advise for people who play this game more than once. Make sure you Heros name is very different each time you replay the game.
@zzzzzzz[]XX::::::::: KINGS-FIELD.COM ::::::::::>

User Info: wpot

wpot
2 years ago#6
ploodie posted...
Yeah, I love playing it - I just wish I was maybe 15 years younger and had plenty of time and no outside obligations!

Yeah, I hear that one. I played DQ7 through this spring, and it took...all spring. There's only so much you can do after the kids go to bed.
Pronounced "Whup-pot". Say it. Use it.

ploodie
2 years ago#7
wpot posted...
ploodie posted...

Yeah, I hear that one. I played DQ7 through this spring, and it took...all spring. There's only so much you can do after the kids go to bed.

ahahahaha yeah… many's the night I sit down to play at 11pm … and at 1am I wake up having played for 10 minutes and dozed for two hours!
Oh God, it's me!
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Warrior VII
  3. OMG This game will NEVER end!!

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived