Any game as good as this?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Skies of Arcadia
  3. Any game as good as this?

User Info: Hazzerz

Hazzerz
8 years ago#11

Like others have said, Grandia and Grandia 2 are most certainly worth your time. I'm more partial to the original Grandia though, it's characters and story are just... ugh, damn near perfect. The whole game is just without equal. Well, except for Skies of course.

User Info: Vyse-the-Legend

Vyse-the-Legend
8 years ago#12
Check out my sig.

THis is my favorite RPG of all time. I think it has the best story of any game ever made and it is simply incredible with its battle system. I actually have the Gamecube version, so there are less random battles and a ton more extras. I think that Pokemon G/S/C, Chrono Trigger, and Tales of Symphonia put up a good fight. I have never played a final fantasy game in my life so I don't want to say anything good or bad about them.
Top 10: 1) SM64, 2) OoT, 3) Halo, 4) Skies of Arcadia, 5) Majoras Mask 6) RE4 7) Wind Waker 8) Poke:G/S/C 9) Chrono Trigger 10) SSBB

User Info: savory_snax

savory_snax
8 years ago#13
Agreed on Grandia 1&2, Phantasy Star series, and 16-bit FF. Those were great games. I liked, though not loved, FF7,9 and 10 also.

Sounds like I should get a GC controller and check out Tales of Symphonia sometime. Surprised the other Tales games aren't often recommended, so I guess I'll skip them.

I also hear Shadow Hearts 2 is good.
"In an interstellar burst, I am back to save the Universe." - Radiohead

User Info: Mello_Fox

Mello_Fox
7 years ago#14
Lufia & The Fortress of Doom for SNES
Final Fantasy 3 for SNES
Chrono Trigger for SNES
Blue Dragon on 360 is also really good and really underrated. The job/class system is addicting as hell.
Final Fantasy VII obviously, VIII is okay, IX is good, X is pretty good, XII I didn't like.

Persona 3 and 4 get a lot of praise. I tried Persona 3 : FES and couldn't get into it. I'll try it again at a later time though.

User Info: qwangalanglang

qwangalanglang
7 years ago#15
Are you looking for just JRPG's, TC? Morrowind, KOTOR, Mass Effect, Fallout, Baldur's Gate just to name a few sublime WRPG's. In the case of JRPGS, play Lufia 2 - Rise of the Sinistrals if you haven't. There's something so compelling about that game.
[Not changing this sig until I see some other lame sig that isn't going to change until some sports team wins the playoffs or some other old bull**** like that]

User Info: teeebz

teeebz
7 years ago#16
Skies of arcadia (DC)
Tales of symphonia (GC)
Tales of vesperia (360)
FF7 (PS1)
FF8 (PS1)
FFX (PS2)
Chrono trigger (SNES)
Chrono cross (PS2)

Are my favorite rpg's and possibly favorite games of all time

User Info: XxGhaleonxX

XxGhaleonxX
7 years ago#17
Lunar 1 & 2.
www.myspace.com/aceskyhigh
XBL Gamer Tag: aceskyhigh

savory_snax
7 years ago#18
Thanks for all the posts. Most of the games you mentioned are great. I meant a game as good as Skies released since Skies came out. I've played most of the old stuff you mentioned with a few exceptions.

Qwang: I appreciate American RPGs but prefer JRPGs. I may still go back and complete Fallout 3 though.

I guess I just like turn based RPG's. For example, FFXII is the first FF I have no desire to finish. DQVIII was gold by the way.

User Info: talesotafan

talesotafan
7 years ago#19
No love for Tales of the Abyss? :(

savory_snax
7 years ago#20
Never played much Tales games. Is it turn based like Grandia and DQ or real time?
  1. Boards
  2. Skies of Arcadia
  3. Any game as good as this?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived