Where's the rum gone?!

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Skies of Arcadia
  3. Where's the rum gone?!

User Info: Crimson_Corsair

Crimson_Corsair
7 years ago#1
Skies of Arcadia has finally arrived, but while I was waiting I was reading up on the differences between the Jap and Eng versions. Apparently they cut out all traces of rum, drunkenness, and smoking.

I cannot even begin to explain just how much more awesome this game would be had it retained the drunken, cigar smoking pirates. Game seems to be pretty much awesome aside from that though.
My head's not torn off, my sunglasses aren't broken. Amen, hallelujah, peanut butter.
http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/8597/blacklagoonw.jpg

User Info: Crimson_Corsair

Crimson_Corsair
7 years ago#2
Did not mean to post this here, but meh, place deserves another active topic.
My head's not torn off, my sunglasses aren't broken. Amen, hallelujah, peanut butter.
http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/8597/blacklagoonw.jpg

User Info: strife14467

strife14467
7 years ago#3
Yeah I remember reading a list of changes, and I think it's pretty lame that they changed what they did. Games now have far worse content than what they cut out of the English release of Skies. Guess the rating system was more strict at that time. Even with the changed content, Skies is still an amazing game that blows away most RPG's.
my consoles: NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Master System, Genesis, Saturn, Dreamcast, Playstation, PS2, XBOX, and Wii

User Info: eggman_38

eggman_38
7 years ago#4
I really don't think the censored content would've improved the game at all. IMO

User Info: michaelcochrane

michaelcochrane
7 years ago#5
I believe some drunkenness is implied when certain pirates are stumbling around in the beginning. I think it's funnier not to see them/read about them drinking and just leave it implied...would be funny to see some random sky pirate puffing on a stogie, however.
  1. Boards
  2. Skies of Arcadia
  3. Where's the rum gone?!

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived