jewel and yan battle mechanics question

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy IX
  3. jewel and yan battle mechanics question

User Info: easytoremember8

easytoremember8
3 years ago#21
so what do?
"No amount of creativity is gonna get a Probe past a wall-in or an Observer past a Turret." ~ EGHuK
Masters Protoss

easytoremember8
3 years ago#22
vegh i don't understand. what do i do
"No amount of creativity is gonna get a Probe past a wall-in or an Observer past a Turret." ~ EGHuK
Masters Protoss

User Info: VeghEsther

VeghEsther
3 years ago#23
Since I never had Yans comet miss and always had it do 9999 damage at level 70 if I wanted to hit level 99 I would still use Grand Dragons for the other 29 levels not Yans at all.

User Info: monkeyslinger

monkeyslinger
3 years ago#24
VeghEsther posted...
Since I never had Yans comet miss and always had it do 9999 damage at level 70 if I wanted to hit level 99 I would still use Grand Dragons for the other 29 levels not Yans at all.

That's really interesting, considering that out of the hundreds of Yans I fought, the most damage they ever did was 9504. Also, they missed about a third of the time. Apparently Vegh is a statistical anomaly.
Read along as I pioneer a new stat path for the Final Fantasy IX Excalibur II Perfect Game!
http://ffixexiipgfinalequip.blogspot.com/

VeghEsther
3 years ago#25
Well as long as any damage at level 70 to 99 is at least +5000 its enough for a instant game over when even 2 Yans use both use Comet twice on a different pcs for all 4 uses of it in 1 turn.

Yes I had the best armors which are all from digging up the 24 chocograph's equipped on a entire level 70 party never had it miss and had it instantly kill anybody at full HP with just 1 use of Comet.

User Info: kacaveliki

kacaveliki
3 years ago#26
I dont believe you.

easytoremember8
3 years ago#27
how do i farm grand dragons, they kill me too fast cause my party level is too low. please help
Masters Protoss

VeghEsther
3 years ago#28
Make 4x Coral/Reflect rings stick them on the entire party (have Quina) learn level 5 death best via a Whale Zombie via random battles right next to the Chocobo Lagoon area which will kill it instantly since its a level 60 enemy.

With the anti poison ability set on the entire party the only move that will kill a party member instantly against Grand Dragons is its normal physical hits Yans can do the same against the entire party when 2 to 4 Yans ALL use comet on its first turn before Night actually puts them to sleep.

With level 5 death I started the farm the Grand Dragons around level 40 and stopping killing them at level 70 since I learned all but the final dungeon abilities by level 70.

easytoremember8
3 years ago#29
VeghEsther posted...
Make 4x Coral/Reflect rings stick them on the entire party (have Quina) learn level 5 death best via a Whale Zombie via random battles right next to the Chocobo Lagoon area which will kill it instantly since its a level 60 enemy.

With the anti poison ability set on the entire party the only move that will kill a party member instantly against Grand Dragons is its normal physical hits Yans can do the same against the entire party when 2 to 4 Yans ALL use comet on its first turn before Night actually puts them to sleep.

With level 5 death I started the farm the Grand Dragons around level 40 and stopping killing them at level 70 since I learned all but the final dungeon abilities by level 70.

I can't afford all those materials just yet. My whole party gets 1 shot by grand dragon. Whale zombie also kills whole party in one move because they are all level 5 and have virus on them. What do I do?
Masters Protoss

VeghEsther
3 years ago#30
Well if your doing a no level up/LLG its pointless to fight any battles ithat aren't bosses in fact I will never do a LLG so by the time level 5 death is usable I already had everybody at least level 35 to 40
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy IX
  3. jewel and yan battle mechanics question

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived