This is the best FF

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy IX
  3. This is the best FF

User Info: castrejon04

castrejon04
4 months ago#11
edgefury posted...
2nd best. VII is the best.

IX has the best OST and writing though.

Best OST? It's a tied for me with VI and IX having the best OST.
"Don't let it end like this...Tell them I said something." Pancho Villa

User Info: edgefury

edgefury
4 months ago#12
Good picks. Love those.
FFVII = GOAT FFXIII = garbage
the master samurai 4 months ago#13
I'll never get how people see 12 as good. It's a chore to play, and they tried and failed to combine dungeon crawlers and RPGs. I don't know if I'll ever try to beat it, but it was not fun when I tried. The characters are pretty good tho
Proud member of the Vegh army! Join and support!

User Info: Res5

Res5
4 months ago#14
What made it a chore? The dungeons are long for sure but I've always had a lot of fun with it.
the master samurai 3 months ago#15
I found pretty much every aspect of it a chore, having to avoid certain chests, or all of them to get the ultimate weapon, with no indication, huge and hard to navigate cities, long dungeons with endless battles, boss battles with no strategy, only stats matter, poorly designed battle system, music not up to the usual standard.
Proud member of the Vegh army! Join and support!

User Info: Peter_19

Peter_19
3 months ago#16
Res5 posted...
What made it a chore? The dungeons are long for sure but I've always had a lot of fun with it.

Personally I think that the random encounters can be a real chore sometimes, because they take forever to load and it's kind of hard to quickly escape from them.

The FF game that handled this the best is probably FF4, where the battles start right away and it's also super-easy to run from them.

User Info: Res5

Res5
3 months ago#17
Random encounters don't even load in FFXII though.

I enjoyed FFXII's take on the system, how it valued preparation more than input. I also really like the world it's set in.

User Info: Lockeadon

Lockeadon
3 months ago#18
couldnt disagree more. the only things 9 does well are the characters and the music. everything else is subpar even for final fantasy games, which are already subpar

User Info: Peter_19

Peter_19
3 months ago#19
Lockeadon posted...
couldnt disagree more. the only things 9 does well are the characters and the music. everything else is subpar even for final fantasy games, which are already subpar

I would say though that the characters and the music are two of the most important parts of any RPG.
It's extremely important that you feel something for the characters, since they are kind of the driving force for the plot, and the music adds personality to the game.

In fact, I almost always quickly lose interest for a game if it doesn't have a powerful soundtrack.
I hate when the sountrack is just random "ambient" strings and orchestras, I want real, actual melodies that express emotions.
And FF9 does an incredibly good job with that, just like most other FF games.

A few other examples of games that have very powerful soundtracks - and which happen to be some of my favourite games - are the SNES games "Secret Of Mana", "Super Metroid", "Chrono Trigger" and "Wild Guns".

User Info: XSMOOTH

XSMOOTH
3 months ago#20
Lockeadon posted...

Don't cut yourself on all that edge bro.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy IX
  3. This is the best FF

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived