This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Enemy Lure Materia Question

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII
  3. Enemy Lure Materia Question

User Info: Doerainesu

Doerainesu
7 years ago#1
Do they stack? For example, if I equip two mastered ones, will I get both 2x multipliers bringing the total encounter rate to 4x, or is it capped at 2x?
PSN ID/XBL Gamertag: Doerainesu

User Info: Jukain

Jukain
7 years ago#2
Both Lure and Away stack, but if you have a Master of either then it's mostly pointless to have another.
The maximum Lure can grant is 200%, and a Master Lure will grant 187.5%
The minimum Away can grant is 12,5%, and a Master Away will grant 12.5%
I'm a girl, damn it! I wanna do girly things! Like fix up someone's hair and get phone calls expressing romantic sentiments!

Doerainesu
7 years ago#3
So, by having 2 mastered Enemy Lures is the most that would have effects. One Lure would contribute the full 187.5% and the other would only contribute 12.5% bringing the total to 200%. Based on this a third Lure would be useless, since the cap has already been reached by the first 2. Furthermore, since the second would only contribute 12.5% before reaching the cap, it would be essentially unnoticeable, and I'd be better off using the materia slot for something else.

Did I interpret that right?
PSN ID/XBL Gamertag: Doerainesu

User Info: Jukain

Jukain
7 years ago#4
Actually, the truth of the matter is that in the case of Lure, you only need a Master and its baby (doesn't have to be Mastered) to get the full effects.

Both Lure and Away have the same statuses, just going the opposite direction:
Level 1 - Raises or Lowers battle chance by 43.75%
Level 2 - Raises or Lowers battle chance by 87.5%
Level 3 - Master

If you want the lowest possible (12.5%) chance of battles, you just need a Level 2 Enemy Away.
If you want the highest possible (200%) chance of battles, you just need a Level 2 Enemy Lure and a Level 1 Enemy Lure. Unless you got two Enemy Lure from Gold Saucer, this would mean 1 Master and its baby.

Another way you could look at this, is that you need two Level 1 Enemy Away to have 12.5% chance of battle and three Level 1 Enemy Lure to have 200% chance of battle.
I'm a girl, damn it! I wanna do girly things! Like fix up someone's hair and get phone calls expressing romantic sentiments!

Doerainesu
7 years ago#5
OK, I said mastered just because I had two mastered Enemy Lures anyway. I'll just use those two, since I don't care about mastering additional Enemy Lures (they would just be redundant anyway).

Thanks for your help.

</topic>
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII
  3. Enemy Lure Materia Question

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived