The next GameFAQs contest is here! Sign in and enter a Best Year in Gaming bracket for a chance at a $1000 grand prize!

Best gf setup

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: SmilinJoeME

SmilinJoeME
9 years ago#1
What would be the best GF distribution between the three characters? I want to make sure everyone has as many stat junctions as possible each. I know there's no perfect way to do it but what does everyone here recommend?
Its not I who am crazy, it is I who am MAD!!!
--Ren Hoek

User Info: Savoir_Faire

Savoir_Faire
9 years ago#2
How far into the game are you? You should be able to get the 5 important stat junctions (hp, str, vit, mag and spr) early in disc 2.

User Info: Split Infinity

Split Infinity
9 years ago#3
If you toss a look into the guide, you'll notice that it lists junctions for each storyline/optional boss battle, taking into the account junctionable abilities GFs have and suggesting good magics to juncton onto particular stat.
youtube.com/profile?user=SplitInfinity
youtube.com/view_play_list?p=B3CEF3463C0E7588 (Dead or Alive Xtreme 2 Channel)

User Info: ZealotBoy

ZealotBoy
9 years ago#4
I came up with a GF setup that focuses on abilities that cannot be taught through items.

Here is what I have:

Character 1: Shiva, Ifrit, Diablos and Cactuar
Character 2: Quezacotl, Brothers, Cerberus, Alexander, Doomtrain and Tonberry
Character 3: Siren, Carbuncle, Leviathan, Pandemona, Bahamut and Eden

Every ability that can't be taught via items is evenly divided between the three character. For example, all three characters can use Initiative, Auto-Potion, Move-Up HP, Darkside, Hit-J and Luck+50% (there are only three of each of these abilities available); and two characters can use Absorb, Defend, Mug, Evade+30% and Mad Rush (there are only two of each of these abilities).

As far as junction abilities go, Spd-J overlaps - there are three Spd-J abilities but character 3 has two of them - so you'll have to find yourself another Spd-J Scroll, but other than that every character can junction to every stat (once you've acquired an Aegis Amulet and two Luck-J Scrolls, of course).

I think all characters get +20/40% abilities for HP, Str, Vit, Mag and Spr, too, but that's a moot point since you can use items to learn the +60% abilities.

It may also be worth it to note that I separated Cactuar, Tonberry and Eden because they each have Luck+50%. But if you were crazy enough (or cheated) to max out your Luck without using Luck+50%, then there may be other combinations of GFs to get the same result.
I could swear I had three people mugging last time I played...

then again, jIt's been more than five years and my current playthrough isn't that far along.
Did Turning Invisible make you stupid?-Rush
It's entirely possible.-George

User Info: ZealotBoy

ZealotBoy
9 years ago#6
Only Diablos and Bahamut have Mug, and you can't teach a GF Mug with any item, which is too bad :(

User Info: SmilinJoeME

SmilinJoeME
9 years ago#7
thanks zealot, that's exactly what i was looking for
Its not I who am crazy, it is I who am MAD!!!
--Ren Hoek

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived