What does Magic Booster do?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy X
  3. What does Magic Booster do?

User Info: Night_Drift_N

Night_Drift_N
4 years ago#1
I don't understand?

And if I just use One MP Use. What does that mean for a Doublecast Thundaga at 999MP. How much MP is that? 2?

What does the Magic Booster use in the double MP thing?
(+.[__].::)

User Info: thetrueoskar

thetrueoskar
4 years ago#2
What does the Magic Booster use in the double MP thing?

MP.
V Valentine-What sort of person are you to get attacked in the bathroom? How'd you tick someone off so bad they'd attack you in the bathroom?

User Info: Night_Drift_N

Night_Drift_N
4 years ago#3
What if I have 999 for Sphere Grid? I don't need it or something I guess!
(+.[__].::)

User Info: GeistSR

GeistSR
4 years ago#4
It doubles the MP cost and power of spells in combat. If you Doublecast with One MP Cost, you will use 1 MP each casting, so 2 MP total.

User Info: jobber2022497

jobber2022497
4 years ago#5
GeistSR posted...
It doubles the MP cost and power of spells in combat. If you Doublecast with One MP Cost, you will use 1 MP each casting, so 2 MP total.

It's a 1.5x multiplier to magical damage.

Due to the doubled MP cost, each cast with [One MP Cost]+[Magic Booster] will cost 2 MP, meaning that you'd need 4 MP total for Doublecast (barring 0 MP Cost status granted by Freedom et al.)
"If you want to know why [George R. R.] Martin doesn't know how to write sex, go find a picture of him and you will have your answer." -- Gestapoid

User Info: HayanNinja

HayanNinja
4 years ago#6
^ It should be noted that Magic Booster (and for that matter, Magic+??%) works on Auto-Life (provided the person *casting* it has the Booster/+??% - doesn't matter what the person being targetted has). This even applies when you obtain Auto-Life via Hyper Mighty G. Also; it should be noted that Magic Booster does not (as far as I'm aware) have any effect on status magic (Bio, Death, etc) or non-curative White Magic, despite still doubling the MP cost. But I believe it *does* affect Demi.
WARNING
You just lost the game.

User Info: BBK_Kid

BBK_Kid
4 years ago#7
You know, it would be neat if Magic Booster Bio inflicted Hornet's poison or went through immunity or something not quite as overpowered as either two of those.
"Zach, you're a genius. Your talents are wasted in that moose hole of a state you live in."- Ray (x2)

User Info: HayanNinja

HayanNinja
4 years ago#8
... x1.5 Poison damage?
WARNING
You just lost the game.

User Info: BBK_Kid

BBK_Kid
4 years ago#9
Shh, that makes too much sense. But changing the poison damage stat to 37.5% would be a logical choice, I guess.
"Zach, you're a genius. Your talents are wasted in that moose hole of a state you live in."- Ray (x2)

User Info: thetrueoskar

thetrueoskar
4 years ago#10
Obviously, magick boostered bio should act like meteor from earlier games.
V Valentine-What sort of person are you to get attacked in the bathroom? How'd you tick someone off so bad they'd attack you in the bathroom?
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy X
  3. What does Magic Booster do?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived