The remaster of Final Fantasy X is terrible, this is the definitive edition.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy X
  3. The remaster of Final Fantasy X is terrible, this is the definitive edition.

User Info: Mr Hangman

Mr Hangman
2 months ago#41
I never noticed any of these character model changes in the HD version. It's not like FF7 where they stick silly looking agape mouths on a bunch of character models.
What senses do we lack that we cannot see and cannot hear another world all around us? -Dune

User Info: Designer_FF

Designer_FF
2 months ago#42
Thanks for your input on this topic guys. I understand the reasons why a lot of people have enjoyed the remake, I mean the additions to gameplay and possibilities brought by the remasters are great I admit, so I can see why someone who has played the games numerous times and enjoys to tinker with its battle system found the remasters enjoyable and a nice touch to enhance their experience.

However there are some people downplaying how changed from their original versions the faces on the remasters are, probably those people haven't played the original game for a long time and haven't even noticed the change, but if you have the opportunity and care play the original game at least until the party lands in Kilika, that will give you plenty of times to watch cutscenes between Tidus and Yuna, it will blow your mind how much more adorable and expressive their faces are in the original game.

It is true however that in general the graphics have greatly improved in the remasters, the other day I plugged the original game in my full hd tv with component cables and while the component cables made the graphics clearer than when played with composite on a CRT(I don't have a component CRT), the fact that the game was made with the CRT resolution in mind kinda ruins the delivery of every aspect of the graphics of the game when played on a modern screen, you can really see the pixels of every texture and it is nowhere as seamles as when it is played on a CRT.

When it come to the CRT, I know that it has been outclassed by modern screens in almost every category, there is one category where it still does provide a better experience though I think, which is the colours, I believe that the colours of the CRT are much more vivid and less artificial. That is a minor thing though, the problem with CRT and older games is that they were made to be played on a CRT, so if you want to play the original version of those games, CRTs are still the better option to play them with the immersion that the developers had in mind. That is unless they make remasters, usually remasters manage to upscale the game well enough so that it can be played on modern screens without the shortcomings of loss of fidelity with the graphics, and I think they did that well with FFX, every background looks good in my opinion.

So in general I think the remaster of FFX was well done in almost all aspects, they manage to make the game look good in modern tvs while keeping the seamless textures, and at the same time they manage to utilize the advantages that modern tvs have so the remaster has much more depth and resolution to its backgrounds than the original game had, and that is a positive thing.

The problem however is that there is no way to say that the faces are faithful to the original game, to some players who nowadays are more looking for the gameplay aspects of FFX they are fine and those players don't nother too much with it, but there are some players like me to whom the main source of enjoyment they get from FFX is still the story and character interactions themselves, and as far as that goes I stand in my opinion that the original faces and everything they provide to the story is the only way to go. Maybe not in the original hardware anymore because, let's be honest most of the newer generations can't stand even ps2 graphics anymore, but maybe if there was an easy alternative such as playing the original game emulated on the pc and with highly upscaled graphics and hd maybe that would be the best way to experience the game for the first time(I know there are emulators already but they can be tricky to setup).

I just don't know why they couldn't just do as they did with FFXII, they seemed to have nailed the character models fine with that remaster.

User Info: Mr Hangman

Mr Hangman
2 months ago#43
Does someone have pictures, because I played the original plenty and I played the HD version recently and I have no idea what you guys are talking about.
What senses do we lack that we cannot see and cannot hear another world all around us? -Dune
(message deleted)

User Info: Epicjaybird

Epicjaybird
2 months ago#45
I didn't now it had a remaster. I played only the original and sequel.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy X
  3. The remaster of Final Fantasy X is terrible, this is the definitive edition.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived