Chcobo race 0.00

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy X
  3. Chcobo race 0.00

User Info: jeffneal1977

jeffneal1977
2 months ago#1
I've been at this for a week now several hours a day. I don't know why, but I can't get any better then 11.01. can active help here?

User Info: Fallacia

Fallacia
2 months ago#2
Dodging birds is much more important than picking up the balloons. In addition to the time penalty, you waste additional time recovering from stun. If you know you can get a balloon, but doing so will end with you getting hit, just skip that balloon. You may also want to go back to the previous training modes and beat your personal bests a few times on each to improve your proficiency with riding the chocobo. Sooner or later, the stars will align and you'll get a nice balloon RNG to make things easier and the birds won't seem to be targeting you as much.

After you get well-practiced, the only thing that will continue to be a major problem is the odd camera angles that will occur and sometimes screw you over.
Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur
Happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr purr purr

User Info: Fuuinashi

Fuuinashi
2 months ago#3
I just did it in less than 2 hours while watching Ep. 1 and 2 of Stranger Things. It's really f***ing easy. I got 14 balloons and 1 bird hit.

You have to have a good start on the slope. If she gets all the first balloons it's wtv.

You have to zigzag. Use the Dpad, not analog. Use both hands, left hand for left arrow, right hand for right arrow.

You need minimum 13 balloons and 0 birds, or 14 balloons and 1 bird plus LUCK!

Dont go for balloons too early. Don't go for balloons in a straight forward path. You need to zigzag your way to balloons so as to throw off birds.

That being said, your chocobo always runs straight when you stop pressing buttons, until he runs into a (invisible) wall. Learn to align your chocobo diagonally with balloons and then let him run by himself to make sure he goes in a straight line, horizontally across the track on to the balloon you aligned with, in a way that'll also Dodge birds.

Sometimes, only a few presses of a button are required to adjust your angle for the next balloon or bird avoiding path. If you need to turn sharply, mash the button, don't hold it.

Fallacia
2 months ago#4
I fell asleep in my desk chair 3 times last night typing my response and forgot I even made it until I saw it today. The fact that I managed to get out anything remotely coherent amazes me.

User Info: Bjorick

Bjorick
2 months ago#5
Average run takes between 36 to 46 seconds, depending on number of birds that hit you, each balloon takes of 3 seconds, so if you're going to hit 36 seconds, you need 13 balloons, if you get hit a few times, you'll need about 17 balloons, plus 1 balloon for everytime a bird hits you (it removes 3 seconds).

so, i go aim for at least 15 balloons while avoiding birds, a good start is 3 - 5 balloons, then try for about 6-7 on the second part, and then the final stretch, make up what i need.

Know what you need, and dn't take risks. I can get it now in 30 mins on my playthroughs and I've started to enjoy the game (except for the one leading up to the final race, i find training level 3 super annoying now)

User Info: BetaSquadron

BetaSquadron
2 months ago#6
Fuuinashi posted...
I just did it in less than 2 hours while watching Ep. 1 and 2 of Stranger Things. It's really f***ing easy. I got 14 balloons and 1 bird hit.

less than 2 hours ... It's really f***ing easy

less than 2 hours

User Info: Lord_Wombat

Lord_Wombat
2 months ago#7
BetaSquadron posted...
Fuuinashi posted...

less than 2 hours ... It's really f***ing easy

less than 2 hours

I wasn't gonna say anything <_<
How about a link to the bottom of the stairs... From me, THROWING you to the bottom of the stairs?
-William Murderface

User Info: LeonhartFour

LeonhartFour
2 months ago#8
less than 2 hours is still probably faster than I've ever done it so I believe him
http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/001/080/145/638.png
http://imgur.com/suPzV37

User Info: Lord_Wombat

Lord_Wombat
2 months ago#9
But to claim it's easy because it took "only" 2 hours?
How about a link to the bottom of the stairs... From me, THROWING you to the bottom of the stairs?
-William Murderface

Fallacia
2 months ago#10
I've been trying to jump rope 1000 times for the past 17 years. Some mini-games just aren't as kind as others to people with poor reflexes.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy X
  3. Chcobo race 0.00

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived