The next GameFAQs contest is here! Sign in and enter a Best Year in Gaming bracket for a chance at a $1000 grand prize!

can someone explain to me...

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. GoldenEye 007
  3. can someone explain to me...

User Info: TrueSephir0th

TrueSephir0th
7 years ago#1
how oddjob is a cheap character to use in multiplayer?? i havnt played this game since it came out way back when, but i read game informer (magazine) regularly and they make a few references to oddjob from this game being an unfair character to play as...also while looking through the boards here, i saw someone say "the third civilian is the best in multiplayer"

so...how is any one character better than the others?
---have you heard heard heard, the bird is the word.

User Info: Keebs05

Keebs05
7 years ago#2
Maybe some people just don't like Oddjob as a character...
"Old soldiers never die, they just fade away" R.I.P PFC Dusty Seidel

User Info: Super Sonic 5

Super Sonic 5
7 years ago#3
Oddjob is shorter than any other characters. This makes him harder to hit.
~NC
First you killed Jesus, now you're messing with weekends. Why do you have to ruin everything? - AlecTrevelyan006

User Info: Kano33339

Kano33339
7 years ago#4
Yes, the short stature of Oddjob is why people have given him the title of a "cheap" character. But that doesn't compare to how cheap he was in Nightfire. Anyone who plays as him there will have a large advantage. His razor blade hat is made into a weapon, a OHKO weapon at that, with amazing accuracy. I could throw a hat from one side of the level, all the way to the other side and somehow it'd hit the person.
"Your true face... What kind of... face is it? I wonder... The face under the mask... Is that... your true face?"

User Info: ChaseXtreme

ChaseXtreme
7 years ago#5
After a while, he was "outlawed" when my friends played multi due to his shortness.
Topics killed in 2010: 130
Topics killed in 2009: 1,021

User Info: NeoSizer

NeoSizer
7 years ago#6
He's almost as bad as those damn monkies in timesplitters. If Goldeneye had online multiplayer I guarantee you 85% of everyone would pick oddjob.
"A poor person isn't he who has little, but he who needs a lot."
~German Proverb

User Info: JustThrowMoney

JustThrowMoney
7 years ago#7

If Goldeneye had online multiplayer I guarantee you 85% of everyone would pick oddjob.

Wait 'till Perfect Dark comes to XBLA. Elvis body = the Oddjob of PD >_>
Proud to be EPic.
money113 to me: "lol, but your username makes me nervous. I don't like being thrown."

User Info: revolver

revolver
7 years ago#8
unless you are playing with auto aim off I found that it was very easy to get headshots on oddjob since his head was around the height of a normal players chest, where the auto aim usually went for.
Still has a glimmer of hope for Shenmue III
Now Playing: Morrowind GOTY, Trials HD

User Info: NeoSizer

NeoSizer
7 years ago#9
unless you are playing with auto aim off
Auto aim is for skubs. So is playing with the radar on. We only play with these 2 off.
"A poor person isn't he who has little, but he who needs a lot."
~German Proverb

User Info: AIRWALKTDK666

AIRWALKTDK666
7 years ago#10

Kano33339 posted...
Yes, the short stature of Oddjob is why people have given him the title of a "cheap" character. But that doesn't compare to how cheap he was in Nightfire. Anyone who plays as him there will have a large advantage. His razor blade hat is made into a weapon, a OHKO weapon at that, with amazing accuracy. I could throw a hat from one side of the level, all the way to the other side and somehow it'd hit the person.
---
"Your true face... What kind of... face is it? I wonder... The face under the mask... Is that... your true face?"

Please, Nick Nack was the worst in nightfire-he was literally at other players knees.

1. Boards
  2. GoldenEye 007
  3. can someone explain to me...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived