Favorite LT?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: Barkita

Barkita
1 year ago#21
Vir27 posted...
Couldn't explain this you're reporting from Kuldo, then.

Nah, perhaps that's D'Artagnan you're thinking of. Ninja's in a chest there all the time.
Yes, D'Artagnan was the one. (guess I had a brain fart.) Not that I use D'Artagnan much. It takes too much PP. Unless you are leveling up in Gods Tower. I have never used Da Bomb much at all. I probably should, as I have a habit of being under-leveled for wherever I am at.

User Info: Vir27

Vir27
1 year ago#22
Maybe he's at his most useful in the Cave or if Baby's died and you want to just hold Defend to lower risk. I haven't got Baby defending reliably enough not to die, and probably adding other LTs into the mix to fix that won't be the very most efficient damage.

But he did 120 damage to Galestork, so using him at least once is cool.

User Info: Calmlander

Calmlander
1 year ago#23
Vir27 posted...
I haven't got Baby defending reliably enough not to die.

I thought i was the only one, and maybe i was doing something wrong. One of my favourites moments of my first run was when Baby started to heal my Knight.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xuWkvyeAu0E

Vir27
1 year ago#24
I'm not sure now that I go to say it directly, but I think Baby gets more reliable over time and good treatment.

Also, since I never used Da Bomb much before, I never put much effort into timing Baby's Defends before.

Barkita
1 year ago#25
I have really never used Baby's Defend much. Once I get Toughwall, he is almost always protected. I have never used the Da Bomb much either . It seems like we always get blowed up. Does the turn you use to cast it count as a turn? Or is it 3 turns after you cast it? Most of the battles don't last that long.

I am playing this game again. This time there was no problems at Kulda Ruins. After Kerple, I went and got the second best helmet. Went back to the beginning area at Orgo and the Cave of Fear. There I got all Baby's transformations in that area. Then went to Den Heldar and the North Tower. Next I went back up the coastline to Castle Ryan. There I got all the LT's there and raised about six levels. That was fun, at first every battle seemed like a boss battle. I'm pretty good at dodging the pink enemies. Then I went to Ister and did that scenario. Went and got the LT at the inn. Then went east to Kisa Canyon. Next I went to Penguil and over to Nord Temple. Now, I have gone down the coast and have just reached Trisken. I'm at level 40 and have managed not to fight very many of the sea monsters. Baby has all his transformations except for Guardian. The only grinding of levels was at the Inn, so he wouldn't die in every battle and at Jungo. Just enough at point to be able to defeat the Boss in Kerple without Knight having to level up.

Baby really has saved our butts during the lone journey with his transformations. Especially in Nord Temple. I really helps to keep him happy. It seems like most of the armor you get doesn't have much of a resale value, so unless I am really broke, I just feed it Baby.

User Info: Calmlander

Calmlander
1 year ago#26
Barkita posted...
I have really never used Baby's Defend much. Once I get Toughwall, he is almost always protected.

Yeah, Toughwall was a Godsend, after getting it, Baby is so much safe.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xuWkvyeAu0E

Vir27
1 year ago#27
I always give him some order. Against damaging enemies, I might rather he defend and need fewer heals. I do more damage than he does, so it may not be worth one of my attacks (given up to heal him) to get one of his attacks sometimes.

I'm quite excited about a game of Europa Universalis IV and then Dominions 4 just got updated, too. So I buggered off from the GC game I got to Zed's Harbor last Saturday. (That was the game wherein I had appreciated Da Bomb against Galestork and Viper against Mantises when I went into Denime early to get Twist Sword and such.) I like my old RPG boards, but strategy games are holding my attention much more frequently the past few years.

Barkita
1 year ago#28
In my experience, i have found that talking to Baby all the time to keep him happy is unnecessary. You Just need to keep him healed.and don't let him die. I watch a video on YouTube where some guy made a speed run of less than 4 hours. He wanted Baby to be dead most of the time. That is not something I would want to do.

Vir27
1 year ago#29
You could very well be right. It's old wisdom that talking helps. I'm not aware it's proved anywhere.

Speaking of which, in a perfect stats topic, I've seen mention of getting 4 in every stat each level up? I've never seen that happen, and I've reloaded with save states (which do change the stat gains) a large number of times.

Barkita
1 year ago#30
In regards to this.
Barkita posted...
Gwinladin, Ramal and Kalkanor fight the Winged Lion in Kuldo Ruins to get the Gem. You observe their battle and you can fight Winged Lion who drops a white shield. When I got into the area where the fight was suppose to be, there was no Gwinladin, Ramal and Kalkanor or Winged Lion there. Nothing was in that area except the background screen.
I finally decided that I must have gone into that area just enough to trigger that scene without realizing it.

That dungeon has three ways you can go on the first floor. Right to get LTs, left to take the 2 stairway to get down to the lava area. Or you can go straight ahead which is a shortcut to watch the scene where Kalkanor and party fight the lion, and you can fight the lion if you want. That is what I did the last time and it was easier to navigate.

I have come to the conclusion the hollow tree dungeon should be done before Isten. At that time the loot you get is an upgrade. If you level up to 16 its pretty easy.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived