Is anyone still here?

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Guardian's Crusade
  3. Is anyone still here?

User Info: Galestork

Galestork
10 months ago#21
Yay! More people!! Hi!!

Has anyone seen the beta/demo videos on youtube? I only just came across them not too long ago...They have an early version of the battle layout and also some old cgi scenes that don't make it to the final cut. :o

Here's the super early one:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRGvRsZndqU
And then here's the later one:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSYQyONVV9k

I think it's interesting to see the process of it all, like the things that aren't in the finished game (Ibkee being in the forest? Velmine being in the wilderness and not Trisken? That battle format where the monster just disappears when it dies lol).
Also, can anyone identify the place in the bottom right corner of the first video? It's around 0:12...It looks like a beta version of Kell to me, but I can't be sure since it's not a lot to go off of.

User Info: Soren10

Soren10
10 months ago#22
I definitely think that looked like an early version kell.

Galestork
10 months ago#23
That is so exciting!! I wish we had more stuff like that and concept art...There are some guide books that have some concept art, but it's not a whole lot. :(

Soren10
10 months ago#24
I agree but at the same time I'm conflicted. I think the lack of content other than the game itself ads a bit to the charm I'm a way. The fact that this giant ( at the time ) world with awesome characters and interesting story was created and then gone in a flash with little being known about it is what makes it the legend that it is. I think a big part of its cult following is that it didn't overstay its welcome.

Galestork
10 months ago#25
I'm kind of the exact opposite, I always want more GC content. :P I can appreciate the value in scarcity though! It's sort of a weird game in that way....I always think it's so simple or, not plain, but maybe plain-ish for a concept but it's very special to a lot of people for unique reasons. I think that's kind of interesting!

Soren10
10 months ago#26
Believe me I would definitely love more of Guardians Crusade. But ever since dragon ball evolution and the impending mess that the new live action Ghost in the shell is going to be, I'm just terribly afraid that any time they make new content for an older series they will completely screw it up. I can see how it's a somewhat plain concept but I do think that kind of adds to the charm, nothing too complex to jack up the story

Galestork
10 months ago#27
If it's a reboot or something that we're talking about, I hear you. I'm just as tired of all this ~nostalgia~/"hey guys, remember that old thing? here it is again but New" crap these days. I think it'd be cool if they had had more info released back when it was coming out, but I guess I should be thankful for what we got. There was apparently some press conference they did for it in Japan and they had people dressing up as Knight for photo ops.....I'm still burning with jealousy over that lol.

Soren10
10 months ago#28
That would have been something to experience for sure. What kind of emotion do you think you would experience if they were to come out with a sequel?

Galestork
10 months ago#29
I think it depends! For a sequel, I'd really want to see what happened leading up to when Xizan got sealed....Darwin getting all the beasts together to fight Xizan, that'd make such a cool game imo. I guess it'd be more of a prequel...
Anything else and I'm not sure I'd be too hyped for it. Honestly, I'm not even sure if I could trust Tamsoft to do a good job with it, based on the stuff they've been putting out recently lol.
So if I thought they could do a good job + the story was interesting, I'd be so excited. If it was some post-Guardian's Crusade type story then I don't know.....What about you? How would you feel + what do you think would make for a good sequel? :o

Soren10
10 months ago#30
That's an incredibly tough question. For me personally it HAS to be a sequel, I've never been one for prequels. Part of the difficulty is I can't just say it needs everything the original had. I'm now 23 years old so a rehash of the original wouldn't garnish the same emotion. If we played as knight I think he would have to be more mature and more savy just due to what he's already been through. I don't really think you could get away with having the main character being anyone but knight or possibly kalkanor. As for the story it needs to be something strong yet not too convoluted, now as to what the story would be I couldn't tell you. The battle system absolutely can not change. They could add onto it but it has to remain turn based.
  1. Boards
  2. Guardian's Crusade
  3. Is anyone still here?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.