Is anyone still here?

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Guardian's Crusade
  3. Is anyone still here?

User Info: Galestork

Galestork
9 months ago#31
That could be interesting! I want to think about it now.....I wonder what kind of conflict could come up all those years later? I'm also curious about Baby's growth, what will it look like when it's older? Maybe the cool Guardian form...
I would love a story about Kalkanor!! Darkbeat would be cool too, imo. Isn't he like, one of the last Kalajik or something? That'd be kinda cool to explore.
I agree 100% about the battle system. It's simple but it isn't boring at all or annoying to have to do so much...I think that's hard to accomplish, so it's not necessary to upgrade it or redo it or anything. I'd like new LTs and maybe another party member type thing like Knight has with Baby (or continuing that if they're the main characters again).

User Info: Soren10

Soren10
9 months ago#32
I almost think that the best direction would be to have kalkanor as the main character. I feel like knight and baby could be used better as "story teller" characters, not to mention the last time you see knight after the credits he isn't wearing his armor and is seen with Nehani so it's possible that he has given up his life of adventuring. I don't know I'm just throwing ideas out right now. The difficulty comes from the fact that old time GC players will want to feel the same feeling of adventure we got the first time we played it from the sequel as well. And I really doubt that could happen considering I'm in my mid twenties as opposed to being like 10 when I first played it. So it's only natural that I would experience different emotions from a sequel or even the first game.

Galestork
9 months ago#33
I think that would be very cool! It would be neat to see everything through Kalkanor's eyes.....All of GC is pretty much through Nehani's perspective and she has some very funny/witty commentary on different things. Kalkanor is so vain and conceited, I think there could be good character development there as well as "Oh that Kalkanor! :P" moments.
I agree about the feeling of the game....It's a tough thing to capture, because I think some of it is nostalgia-based and some of it is just the pure magic that is old Tamsoft's work and creativity. I'm not sure something like that could ever be recreated, but I'd be very interested in trying it out anyway!

Soren10
8 months ago#34
It's funny that you mention nehani and all of her little comments on just random things because that was always one of my favorite things about the game.

Galestork
8 months ago#35
She really has so much to say! Even for small/ordinary items, it could just be "It's a chair." or she could say "It's a chair. You know, the thing you sit on?" You never know what she's going to say about something! It's so funny....The translators really put a lot of effort into bringing this game to life and honestly they did a great job. It's so charming.

User Info: Porkmon

Porkmon
8 months ago#36
There is such a warm simplicity to this game. Of course it also brings memories, and is part of my childhood. But it makes me realize happiness is not in knowledge, as a certain philosopher said. Was it Plato or Socrates? It matters not. Were we all-knowing yet emotive, we would strive for nothing but innocence and blissfulness.

Pantheism isn't something that just dropped out of someone's head. And the reason so many people thought of it throughout time was none other than noticing what I stated. Does that make it a definite or correct answer? Obviously not, but it's logical, depending on the premise of what you see and feel. But regardless of this being true or not, what is the point?

The point is that a child's mind isn't happier because it has less knowledge. Hypothetically and magically speaking, let's say you cloaked it. That mind wouldn't be happy because of this state of lesser knowledge, but as it is in real life, it's due to the lesser cynicism, the absence of worries, the disregard for man-made customs that sounds just "silly", the immunity to chronophobia or thanatophobia.

Were I to die within the next minute, what do I see at the doors of paradise? Children, joyous, living as if that was their best day, like the one they never had, every day. But what do my eyes see? Another day in life, another day of falsehood, another day in the same old beat up earth. Is that sadness? I guess not. I wouldn't call it resignation or realism either. It's just the pain of living and knowing, and you know it when you live and know.

But somewhere inside you just want to live and not know, and it is in that moment that this game, like any other, will shine and warm your heart. When it does not, is when you died. Your entire self will follow after.

Galestork
8 months ago#37
What a post! I'm a little at a loss for words lol but I think it's a very good point and analysis!

Porkmon posted...
But somewhere inside you just want to live and not know, and it is in that moment that this game, like any other, will shine and warm your heart. When it does not, is when you died. Your entire self will follow after.

This really resonates with me because this game is, maybe a little embarrassingly, a huge driving force for me and something that I always come back to when I'm feeling down or when I need that extra kick of energy. It's so important to me....I think probably the day I stop cherishing it really is the day I die lol.

Soren10
8 months ago#38
Honestly Porkmons post really threw me for a loop, still trying to figure out how to respond. This post is legit only to bump the topic and keep it from archiving.

Soren10
8 months ago#39
Well I still can't figure out how to respond to porkmon other than I agree with galestork. This board has been a wild ride and I've enjoyed every bit of it. I will not post on this topic again to keep it from archiving unless you guys want to keep it alive. If not like I said, it's been a wild ride. Stay gold and never forget Guardians Crusade.
"We are human. Fighting is in our DNA, we get it and we like it." Dana White

Galestork
8 months ago#40
It was a doozy, for sure! I'm more than happy to keep talking, I could talk about GC for days!
I think most people here are fans of the soundtrack, right? Has anyone ever listened to the Choro Q2 or Choro Q3 soundtracks? The same people who did GC's music worked on those games and they're so good! They're both very similar-sounding to this game's stuff and there are at least two songs (both Q2, I think) that have some of the same melodies/backgrounds used in some GC songs! (Q2's town theme has the same melody part as Carmarthen and one of the menus I think has the same buildup as the Boss Theme? I can't remember right now) You can find the OSTs on Youtube, I'd recommend the playlists by CQVendor!
Edit: I should add, Choro Q2 + Q3 are racing games so their music might be a little..more hectic or more energetic compared to GC, but the same feeling and style is there!
(edited 8 months ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Guardian's Crusade
  3. Is anyone still here?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

More topics from this board...
Trisken?jessmn511/16 10:45AM