Is anyone still here?

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Guardian's Crusade
  3. Is anyone still here?

User Info: Galestork

Galestork
8 months ago#41
Hmm, for the sake of keeping this board alive, I shall make another post!
Has anyone ever done any kind of "special" playthrough? I had some thoughts about something like a Mr. O'Neal only run, no LT usage in general run, starting armor run, etc. just to spice things up a little!
I had tried to do a Baby-less run, since there's a code out there for activating Baby (I thought I could reverse it somehow, but I have no knowledge on hacking lol).

User Info: Calmlander

Calmlander
8 months ago#42
What about a run without Game Overs? Or a run with starting gear? Or with onlyceratin toys? Posibilities are unlimited.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xuWkvyeAu0E

Galestork
8 months ago#43
Those are good ideas! The game is pretty easy for the most part, so not dying isn't too big of a challenge imo. If you combined that with using the starting armor and only certain LTs or none at all...that could be really difficult omg.
If you had to pick only one LT to use for the entire game, which one would it be?
Contributor is my normal go-to buddy, but I actually think I'd go with Windmeister. I guess it's kind of tough because some of them you get so late in the game...

User Info: Soren10

Soren10
8 months ago#44
When I was just a wee young lad, pyro was always my go to. If anything I would do a pyro only run.
"We are human. Fighting is in our DNA, we get it and we like it." Dana White

Calmlander
8 months ago#45
Contributor is the one i use most, too, i think.

Galestork
8 months ago#46
Both classics! I can't say I've ever seen anyone use anything else to be honest...It's funny because there's a good number of LTs, but everyone always uses like the same 3 or 4. :P
If you had to come up with a new toy, what would it do? What would it look like?
For me, I would want another "silly" LT like Ringsider or something. There are a lot of battle-based ones, but I like the idea that they don't all need to be particularly useful. :P

Speaking of LTs, I've seen some scrapped ideas in the guide books. I couldn't read most of the descriptions, but it looks like they had been planning on putting weaker versions of the elemental LTs in. Like a weaker Pyro, weaker Mermaid, etc. I understand why they took them out, I guess it'd be a little pointless once you get the stronger versions, but I think it'd be cute to use them. Not that I think there's ever a huge difference when it comes to "advantage" damage, but I imagine having two water elemental LTs against a fire boss or something would be at least a little bit more helpful.

Soren10
8 months ago#47
Wow interesting question, guardians crusade has such a particular style to it I think it would be difficult to create a new living toy. Maybe a leprechaun? XD sorry that's just my Irish speaking. But In all honesty maybe a brash Irishman or Scotsman in a kilt wielding a sword.

Galestork
8 months ago#48
Haha cool, I like that!! There are some culture-based LTs so I think it would fit right in!
I was thinking about it a lot the past few days and I came up with some ideas:
Babysitter (ability: Nurture): gives Baby a random boost in battle (attack, speed, defense, recover hp, get rid of status condition) and maybe it could even boost gained stats if Baby levels up at the end, if you're lucky! Outside of battle, it could tell you how good your relationship is with Baby since it's so hard to tell sometimes lol

Switcheroo (ability: Identity Thief): Switches all character/monster models in the current battle to be any other battle model. (Knight could look like a monster, an npc, a boss, etc. A monster could look like a different monster, an npc, a boss, etc.) Once you beat the game, Xizan's models become unlocked and they get thrown into the mix. (It's all purely cosmetic, it's not like you'd ever really have to fight someone like Darkbeat outside of the Isten, it'd just look like you are! I think this could be fun for screenshots or something. There are details to figure out though, like how different attacks translate to different models, how status conditions work with this setup, etc..)

Architect (ability: Remodel/Land Development?) Switches the battlefield to a different setting. It can be any of the ones used in game, and Xizan's battle backgrounds get unlocked once you beat the game. (Another cosmetic kind of LT!)

I even thought of some designs that I want to sketch out, though I'm not the best artist ^^;

Calmlander
8 months ago#49
If we are talking about re-designs i'd love to see how this game will look in 2d. Nowdays companies can make amazing work with sprites, and a FFVI or Rudra-esque visulal style would be great while relatively easy to accomplish.

One of the high points of this game is the world, is completely conected both the overworld and the cities and that can translate well in 2D, games like A Link to the Past are good examples.

I'm just pointing out ideas for a remake ;)

Soren10
7 months ago#50
Galestork you never cease to amaze me. Those sound like real living toys honestly. And I'm sorry Calmlander I really don't want this game in 2D unless we get a 3D remake.
  1. Boards
  2. Guardian's Crusade
  3. Is anyone still here?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.