Clear some things up for me? (Spoilers)

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Legend of Dragoon
  3. Clear some things up for me? (Spoilers)

User Info: Veneno_Cama

Veneno_Cama
3 months ago#1
Hey, so I'm playing again but this time in spanish, and I don't really understand some things.

Is zeig dart's dad?
And claire is darts' mom?
Also why did the black monster attack dart's hometown originally?
And did the black monster kill shana's sister or is shana actually the princess?

Sorry if I'm a bit lost, but translating is hard haha.

User Info: WindMouseHanpan

WindMouseHanpan
3 months ago#2
Yes, Zieg is Dart's dad.

Though it's never directly revealed, it is very strongly implied that Claire is Dart's mom, yes. And that would make Haschel his grandpa. The two strongest pieces of evidence are Dart knowing Claire's lullaby (and thus teaching it to Shana) and Haschel saying "She does not know you yet" before following Claire in the Moon that Never Sets. (This basically outright confirms it)

The Black Monster was searching for Princess Louvia, and attacked Neet assuming that she was there, with aim to kill her since she believed Louvia was the Moon Child.

Louvia was on the Phantom Ship (known as the Saint Louvia before the Black Monster attacked and killed everyone on it) and was killed in the attack. Princess Louvia was the heir to the throne, which would put Shana in line for the throne since she was her twin sister, but the game strangely never goes into this subject at all.
Come check out Iido's Gaming Den for let's plays 'n other stuff! Tons 'n tons 'o games! :D https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwqZW13u9eQiTvhqKG1L6Eg

Veneno_Cama
3 months ago#3
Ok, so I'm getting further in the game and I'm confused again.

In the Library of Wisdom they say that the dragoon spirits activate when history needs them to. Also that it's been 11,000 years since they last activated. Is that because Rose was successful in killing the moon child each time?

If so, why didn't she just turn around and cut off Shana's shining head? Was she just not aware that's what a moon child does?

If this is explicitly explained and I missed it, I'm sorry. I'm just trying to see if I'm missing something or it's an RPG from the 90's with some plot holes.

Veneno_Cama
3 months ago#4
Also, lol not story related, did they get the classical looking paintings seen in the cutscenes from something or did they just make all of them up? Because they look good.

WindMouseHanpan
3 months ago#5
Yeah, I don't think they're ever very specific with what they mean by that. The most likely explanation is...well, just that. They activate when history requires them to. Rose succeeded in killing the Moon Child for 11,000 years, so there was never a need for the Dragoons, as the birth of the Virage Embryo was prevented each and every time, and there were no other threats so big that it would require Dragoons, either.

Of course, this cycle, things did not quite go as planned. Zieg became possessed by Melbu Frahma, who wanted to resume his plans of global domination, and the Moon Child, Shana, was still alive, since Rose killed her twin sister, Louvia, thinking SHE was the Moon Child (Which is why she never tried to kill Shana, at least not until Zieg revealed she was, in fact, the Moon Child. She had thought the Moon Child was dead this whole time.) For these reasons, Dragoons were needed once more.

As for those paintings, I was actually wondering that exact same thing the other day. They look like they could be real paintings taken from something, but I have no idea, and don't know if anyone here does.
Come check out Iido's Gaming Den for let's plays 'n other stuff! Tons 'n tons 'o games! :D https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwqZW13u9eQiTvhqKG1L6Eg

Veneno_Cama
3 months ago#6
Thanks for the clarification! :)

WindMouseHanpan
3 months ago#7
You're welcome!
  1. Boards
  2. The Legend of Dragoon
  3. Clear some things up for me? (Spoilers)

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived